Turnabout Forgeries, Part 4 (Kyo)

//June 17, 2031. Defendant Lobby No. 2, 9:36 AM//

"You really think that you're going to win this case when you got next to nothing done yesterday?" I asked Lust with a frown. "No offense, but you don't seem like an experience lawyer."

Lust sighed. "Why is it that you hate me? You've been grumping it up when I'm around and I would like to know why, if you would be so kind," he said, his eyes narrowing. 

"I have my  reasons," I glared at him, gripping my locket a little bit tighter. It was his fault I needed to carry that thing around at all. His family's fault for all of this.

"Please be nice, Kyo!" Sophie exclaimed, taking a hold of my hand. "I don't like it when you're all sad like this! It makes me feel like I'm not a good sister or something sad like that! I want you to be happy with me!"

I sighed and squeezed her hand gently. "Alright, Sophie... I'll calm down..." I agreed.

"I wonder who Prosecutor Lin is going to be calling as a witness. We didn't get to properly speak with Detective Umber yesterday and I don't remember seeing a lead detective anywhere on the crime scene," Tenniswood wondered aloud. 

"Who knows?" I asked. 

"I heard something about a Kuroda character being on the scene of the crime yesterday. Maybe they were talking about her as the lead detective or something of that nature," Lust announced. 

I rolled my eyes. "A detective with that name wouldn't stop coming in to question me. I never would have imagined that she was the lead detective or something of that nature," I said sarcastically.

"Kyo! What did I say about being nice?" Sophie scolded, pouting up at me.

I sighed. "Fine," I agreed, though I had no intentions on following through with that. The name 'Lust' had no reasons to be involved with the Raine family. I just wanted Lust to go away forever. The damage they've done to those of my bloodline can never be forgiven.

Tenniswood seemed to see that I was acting suspiciously, as she raised an eyebrow my direction. I dodged her gaze. Nobody knew why I hated Lust so much, and I intended to keep it that way. Somebody I barely knew hardly had permission to waltz into my life and figure it out.

"Defense! Defendant! Please proceed to the courtroom!"

The shrill cry of the bailiff snapped me awake. "Let's go," I hissed at Lust. He seemed to catch on that he didn't want to mess with me when I was in a mood, so he trailed without another word spoken. Despite this, I knew well that Tenniswood wasn't so ready to let go of my strange behavior.

//June 17, 2031. Courtroom No. 2, 10:00 AM//

The judge stared down at me from his high podium after slamming his gavel down. "Court is now in session for the trial of Kyo R..." His voice trailed off as he realized what my last name was. Could he please not make a big deal out of it? I didn't want Lust realizing what my problem with him was so that he could find some sob story to apologize for it. Pathetic.

"Just say it already," I scowled at him with a gaze that could kill (no pun intended).

"Court is now in session for the trial of Kyo Raine," the judge declared, realizing the threatening tone to my voice was abnormal. "Are the defense and prosecution ready?"

Lust nodded after exchanging glances with Tenniswood and Sophie. I didn't want Sophie to be exposed to these subjects at such a young age, but I knew that there was something... Off about this case. The evidence I'd found up until now was just... It just didn't settle well with me. I'm sure Sophie and I's ability to point that out will help me get out of that detention center.

"The prosecution is also ready," Lin said from the other side of the court. She looked extremely pale, as if something was wrong. I looked away. That wasn't exactly my problem, so I didn't want to concern myself with it.

"Your opening statement, Prosecutor Lin?" the judge prompted, not noticing her uncomfortable aura.

Lin nodded. "O-okay... The crime was at Umber Mansion... Victim was s-stabbed... In the chest with a knife..." she whispered, struggling to keep a straight face.

Tenniswood gasped, as if she knew what in the world was wrong. "Oh no..." she whispered, a worried expression crossing her face.

I looked at Lin again to see that her physical appearance had changed quite significantly. Her pink hair was in a braid crown and the yellow part covering her right eye. The aqua section fell freely down her spine. I rolled my eyes. What kind of a trick was this?

"Okay. Time for the real opening statement," Lin smirked, stretching. "Now that a real prosecutor is on the scene, things are really going to get interesting."

"Who are you?" Lust asked, stepping back a little bit. He looked scared. Serves him right for messing up my life nine years ago.

"Tora Yin. Prosecutor. But now onto the crime. Yesterday, a man by the name of Sir Vant was killed from a stab wound to the chest. Painful, let me say. The knife that impaled him had the prints of the defendant, meaning that she had to have done it. Now, if the judge will permit me, and even if he doesn't, I've got a witness," 'Yin' smirked, snapping her fingers.

The judge was far too bewildered to respond. He merely blinked in reply, not at all understanding what had happened. I guess that makes two of us.

"I'll take that as a yes," Yin declared, shrugging in an aloof manner. "The lead detective on this case should get up here. I'm not all that sure of who she is, but hey, if she has something to say, she can go on up and testify."

Why do I get the feeling that this woman will be... Difficult?

-------------------------------------------------

I ASKED risingstaroftheworld IF I COULD USE MICHIKO A LONG TIME AGO BUT I WASN'T PLANNING FOR HER TO SHOW UP UNTIL NOW I'M SO SORRY IF I MADE YOU THINK I WASN'T USING HER-

WELL YEAH MICHIKO KURODA WILL BE SHOWING UP NEXT CHAPTER OKAY BYE

-Digital