The Treacherous Turnabout Part 2 (Sophie)

//October 23, 2031. Prosecution Lobby No. 2, 11:38 AM//

Tommy seemed really grumpy when he walked into the prosecution lobby, which is now being called the crime scene because of the more recent crime.

"Are you okay?" Kyo asked, crossing her arms. "You look unhappy."

Tommy nodded. "I'm fine. Don't worry about it," he grumbled. 

"You all must be the defense team."

We turned to see four people standing in the doorway. One, a man, had black hair and a flat green hat with a coat of the same color over all black. His eyes were green, the same color of the eyes of the girl next to him. The girl had bobbed black hair and wore a green jacket over a white shirt with a black skirt, black fingerless gloves, and tall black boots. 

The other two people, a woman and a man, had brown hair. One had a leather jacket over a blue shirt and black pants while the woman had a trench coat with an orange scarf and bucket hat. What an odd group...

"Who are you?" I asked, tilting my head and sending my blonde hair flying gently.

"Detectives Toby Erikson, Mukuro Erikson, Vera Stanhope, and Aiden Healy," the black haired man introduced. "And you are...?"

"Thomas Lust, Kyo Raine, and Sophie Raine," Thomas told him. 

"Don't forget about me!"

"D-Detective Kuroda!" Kyo gasped as the detective came flying into the room with a mad grin. 

"Why are you late?" Detective Erikson frowned. 

"I just got the medical report back from the forensics team!" Detective Kuroda exclaimed. She distributed beige files to everybody in the room. "Feel free to look through them all that you want."

Tommy looked through his file with a frown. I jumped up so that I could read the file in his hand:

Name: Chrysalis Starr
Age: 21
Wounds: Stab wounds to stomach and wrists. 
Other: Chloroform traces were found around mouth.

I let out a dramatic cliché gasp as soon as I finished reading the file. "Wooooooooah!!" I yelled. "The victim is really Chrysalis?!"

"That's what GJ told me," Tommy nodded. "Speaking of GJ, have you thought of a motive for her to have committed the crime? It seems like the defendant and victim were pretty good friends, so why would either of them even think about attacking each other?"

"We don't have a motive yet, but we arrested her because the defendant was found at the crime scene with the victim," Detective Erikson replied.

"But there's no way that Nevada would ever attack Chrysalis!" Mukkie popped in. "They've been friends for years!" 

"So this Nevada is the 'strange friend' that Niamh mentioned earlier..." Tommy murmured. 

"Huh?" I asked. "What do you mean? Did I miss out on something?"

"Never mind," Tommy told me, shaking his head. 

"There's one more thing..." Detective Healy muttered under his breath.

"What is it?" I asked. "Is something wrong? I hope not!"

"The crime scene isn't your everyday crime scene," Detective Stanhope frowned.

"What do you mean?" Tommy asked. "I don't like the sound of that..."

"Let's just show you," Detective Erikson told us, gesturing for Thomas, Kyo, and I to follow him.

//October 23, 2031. Defendant Lobby No. 2, 12:12 AM//

I hid behind Kyo once we got to the crime scene. Detective Erikson was right; it wasn't pretty. Nowhere near it. As a matter of fact, the crime scene was straight up ugly.

The victim had already been taken out for treatment, but the wall was covered in blood in two places, where I assumed the hand stabs had been. Blood had fallen onto the ground at the feet of the white tape that outlined where Chrysalis had been when the crime took place. The words 'BLOODBATH FEVER' were written on the wall, so I held tighter to Kyo's hand out of jittery fear.

"It looks like a Genocide Jack crime occurred..." Kyo muttered. "Do you think that the real culprit tried to frame the defendant for this?"

"I think so," Mukkie nodded. "It's not like that serial killer would be so careless as to let the victim live, so somebody must have tried to frame them. And they did a pretty good job, too..."

"So you think that the culprit wasn't the defendant nor Jack?" Kyo asked.

"Nope!" Mukkie exclaimed. "Never in a million years would this happen from either of them!"

"I suppose you'll be wanting to talk to the witness before the trial tomorrow," Detective Erikson began. "I can call him in if you want to question him now."

Tommy nodded. "If you could, that would be great."

Mukkie saluted to us with a smile and ran off. She returned a moment later with a man. He had tan skin and white hair. He wore all black and a little bit of dark gray, though mostly black. Sunglasses covered his purple eyes, making him seem emotionally distant.

"What is it this time?" Big Dude I Don't Know The Name Of asked grumpily, glaring at Tommy unhappily.

"W-we're the defense team on this case!" Tommy squeaked. 

Kyo walked in front of the struggling redhead to introduce us. "What Thomas here means to say is can we question you?" 

The man nodded. "Name's Vito Cruz. Prosecutor. Nice to freakin' meet ya." he introduced simply.

"It's nice to 'freakin'' meet you, too!" I grinned at him.

"Don't repeat his language," Kyo instructed of me before turning back to Vito. "What exactly was it that you saw the day of the crime? Anything you know would help."

"Getting right down to business, I see..." Vito murmured. "Okay. Let's start from the beginning about what I remember..."

-------------------------------------------------------------

I finished in school early again so here I am, posting while I stress over auditions for a play that will take up a good three hours of my potential typing and/or procrastinating time. 

Oh well.

I'll just type now.

-Digital