Turnabout Recollection, Part 15 (Chrysalis)

I dragged Polly out of the room after Thomas asked about the Gentleman Murderer. She tried to fight back and run back to her future husband, but I didn't let her go. "I have an idea for the trial tomorrow," I smirked.

"What sort of plan are we talking about? Not many of yours work out well. See PX-6 Incident for evidence," she whispered sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

I sighed in exasperation. "Never mind that. I mean that you assist the prosecution tomorrow and I help out with the defense. You know... So that we can show just how evil Edgar Lust is and that he should be burned in the fires of h-"

"Keep it PG," Polly said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Does Cotoli even let you say stuff like that?"

"Who's to say he knows about it?" I smirked.

Polly sighed and shook her head. "Regardless of that, let's do what's really important."

"And what is so important?" I asked, arching an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Getting Wood out of here!" Polly hissed back in anger. "She's clearly here to hurt Cotoli, which is a crime I can never forgive anybody for!"

"Chill, Polly," I told her. "And Nevada isn't that bad. You forget that she saved Ghastly a few years ago."

"But-" Polly tried to begin, though I shoved my finger at her mouth and rubbed it around.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." I told her, continuing to rub my finger around. Polly stared at my finger with crossed eyes, making me snicker under my breath.

Polly pushed my hand away from her mouth. "Are you done yet? We need to worry about the other important things, since you won't let me kick Wood to the curb..." Polly muttered.

"You need to lighten up around her. Just think: if you marry Cotoli, you two will be somewhat related, so I suggest that you learn to get along with her," I reminded her.

"That makes me less willing to marry Cotoli," Polly frowned.

"Lighten up!" I exclaimed, hoping that she wouldn't break up with my brother over something like that. Poor Cotoli would be heartbroken, and he doesn't need that right after getting back from being held hostage.

Polly sighed. "Let's go see them again," he told me, taking my hand and pulling me back into Cotoli's hospital room. I squealed. She's a lot stronger than I thought that she would be.

"You two sure seem tense," Cotoli commented once we got back into the room.

"It's okay," I smiled. "No need to worry about it."

"You're not planning anything, are you?" Sora asked.

"Because we all know how that turns out," Ghastly continued.

"Refer to PX-6 if you wish to have evidence," Nevada finished.

I sighed in exasperation. "You guys might be right. But that was years ago. Back when I was twenty. But now, I'm twenty one now. Things have changed," I told them.

"Yeah. You've gotten a year older. Everything has changed so dramatically," Nevada said sarcastically.

"You people can stop being sarcastic now," I groaned.

"We could, but who's to say that we have to?" Sora smirked.

"Don't fight. You'll make Anton unhappy," Polly cut in.

I heard a few small snores, so I turned to Cotoli. He had an arm around the blonde cinnamon bun, who was sleeping in his 'Daddy's' arms. His snoring sounded like a kitten's! That's so adorable!!

"Look at the smol cinnamon roll son," I gushed. "He's so adorable!"

"You know something I would like?" Nevada asked.

"What?" I questioned.

"If you spoke a language that the rest of us understood," Nevada finished.

"I agreed on something with Wood... The world must be ending..." Polly sighed, shaking his head.

"Don't be so negative. I like the language that Chrysalis speaks. One day, I'll learn how to speak it and then I'll feel accomplished in myself," Sora grinned.

"One day. But as of now, all of us are just as confused as ever, so gold star to Sora," Ghastly said.

"Shut up," Sora told him, jabbing in the arm with her elbow. He muttered something about how she needed to stop poking his beefy muscles.

My sister sure does have a strange family.

"What exactly is our plan going to be for tomorrow's trial? This whole... Incident left Kyo and I with no time to investigate the case," Thomas frowned.

"Call the fake Cotoli to the stand. I need to give him what for," I announced, slamming my fist into my waiting palm.

"Get in line. I'm first," Polly told me, her eyes going even more angry than usual. I wondered why...

...But then I realized that she was looking at Nevada.

"No need to stare at me that way, Bloomy!" Nevada exclaimed. "I'm not the bad guy here! The faker face is the one we're after!"

I held Polly back from lunging at Nevada. "Save it for Lust," I whispered into her ear so that she could hear but Thomas wouldn't. I still wasn't ready to tell him who the Gentleman Murderer was...

Polly sighed. "Alright. Sora?"

"Yes?" Sora asked.

"Have your alter ego save some space for me behind the prosecution bench," Polly instructed before pivoting in her heel and stomping her way from the room, most likely so that she could prepare for the pounding she was going to give Thomas' father the next day.

I can't say that I blamed her. I would have followed, but Cotoli was still staring at me in concern, and I know well not to mess with him whenever he gets like this.

--------------------------------------

MY TYPING PROGRAM DIDN'T WORK SO I LOST ABOUT TWENTY MINUTES WORTH OF TYPING TIME THIS ANGERS ME

'THE PROGRAM HAS CRASHED' GEE WHIZ I KNOW THAT

BUT ITS BACK NOW SO CHEERS AND JOY FOR ALL

OKAY NOW I'M GOING TO GO TYPE TMS GOODBYE

-Digital