Turnabout Recollection, Part 3 (Thomas)

//November 28, 2031. Highway 5111, 10:49 AM//

The crime scene was bustling when we arrived. I looked around for the Interpol detectives Mei had mentioned, my gaze finally locking on who I assumed to be the mysterious agents.

It was a boy and a girl, with pale blue hair for the boy and auburn and red hair for the girl. Both of them were facing away from me, staring at a car, a small silver vehicle to be specific. "Hello?" I let myself cry out, hoping to gain even a shred of these people's attention. Who knew? They could be important to the case.

They both turned upon hearing my voice. "You guys have a reason to be here?" the girl asked, raising an eyebrow suspiciously. "Because if you don't..."

I let out a squeak of fear, taking a step back to hide behind Kyo, who stepped forwards. "We're the defense team on this case," she explained.

The light blue haired boy walked towards us and smiled somewhat shyly. "My name is Felix, and this here is C-"

"J," the auburn haired girl cut in. "Sorry. Interpol business has a strict 'no names' policy. Oopsie daisy."

"You know, Felix," Kyo began with a small smirk. "You come off as the bumbling idiot type to me."

Felix pouted and shriveled away. "I can't even go five minutes without being ridiculed about something or another..." he whined, hiding behind the J girl. You'd think that a government agency would have more creativity than just using letters as code for names...

"Could you tell us a little bit about the crime since I can assume that you're the detectives?" I asked.

J's eyes lit up, and I knew that I was in for a storm. "Sure!!" J exclaimed, grinning madly and making me regret saying anything.

"The victim was shot in the neck by a gun from a car nearby. Nobody knows where the car happened to disappear to, but it wasn't found at the crime scene. All we know is that witnesses call it a navy blue shiny car that could fit four, maybe five, people inside. No license plate was caught before the driver made their escape," Felix explained.

"Yeah! The culprit just drove away! This is some sort of hit and run, if you ask me: hit the victim with a bullet and run away via speeding car," J continued.

"Was there a cravat found at the crime scene?" Kyo questioned.

"It was found tied around the victim's wrist, making me think that the culprit, most likely the Gentleman Murderer, returned in the chaos after the shooting to plant the cravat. It was placed exactly like the car crash from a few years ago, come to think of it..." J whispered, looking down nervously.

"Do you happen to have a past with this Gentleman Murderer character?" Kyo demanded.

"Yeah... A while ago, he killed my older brother in the car crash of AE-7. I can't tell you his name for safety reasons, but the Gentleman Murderer killed one person in that crash, causing a chain of events that got my brother killed in addition to the other 15 victims," J told us.

"That sounds awful..." Sophie whispered, looking down sadly.

"It was, let me tell you. We think that we finally caught the Gentleman Murderer to be Ryoko Chinami because her fingerprints were found on the murder weapon. It's possible that she was framed, sure, but we think we found a motive," J continued to say, her voice going happier at talking at something other than her brother's murder.

"What's the motive? Ryoko couldn't tell us because she forgot about what the supposed murder motive against her was," I said.

"We think it was because both of the defendant's parents were killed in the car crash, and since her brother was the only survivor out of sixteen killings in the crash, she killed him out of anger that he didn't save their parents," Felix explained.

"You guys really think that she would kill her brother for some crazy reason like that?" Sophie asked, her eyes filled with concern.

"It's the only idea that we have, so that's why we think it's the truth," J told her.

"That motive is already a bust," Kyo cut in.

"It... It is?" I questioned. "How can you be so sure that the motive is nothing but a fake?"

Kyo didn't answer. "I'll tell you another time. How about that?" she proposed.

Knowing that arguing with her when she was in this mood was pointless, I chose not to say anything, instead looking down. What was Kyo hiding? Why was she hiding it in the first place? It didn't make any sense. Unless she was more involved in this case and the past AE-7 case than we thought originally...

"Is there anything else you guys want to hear about? I could point you to the body and to the witnesses," Felix began to tell us.

"Who are the witnesses, exactly?" I asked. "I heard about one Sullivan Tyler and then a... Um... Clare Black...?"

J tensed up at hearing me say 'Claire'. She shook her head and corrected me. "N-no... Sullivan Tyler and Clarith Blake. The prosecutor is Sora Lin, in case you want to talk to her. Though I suspect that Sullivan is currently in questioning since he's the one who's supposed to be called to court tomorrow..."

"In that case, would it be okay if you pointed us to the body?" I questioned. "We can talk to Mr. Tyler and Ms. Blake later in our investigation."

"Follow us right this way," J instructed, gesturing for us to follow her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that I'll be updating this story a lot more than usual because I actually have a due date for this book, and so chances are I'll be going through five updates each rotation when we reach CF before moving on if I switch at all. Depends on my progress at the end of March.

Okay Imma go now peace-

-Digital