Turnabout Forgeries, Part 2 (Niamh)

The girl nodded at Mr. Lust's instruction. "Okay! My name is Sophie Raine," the girl started. 

"What a cutie~!" Yuri gushed, bouncing to Sophie's side. She scooped up the girl into her arms with a wide grin. "So kawaii~"

"Words that I don't know the meaning of aside," I cut in with a small sigh.  "What exactly happened with your sister, Sophie?"

Sophie nodded at me with a wide grin. "I'm not exactly sure what happened, but Kyo told me that you guys could help get her out of her sticky situation," Sophie explained. "She was at work. I went to go take her the cell phone she always had with her, but when I got there, she wasn't there, but there were a bunch of guys in these weird blue suits... I'm not sure what big bulky dudes in suits is supposed to mean, but they didn't sound very happy..."

I stood and looked at Mr. Lust with a slight frown. "It sounds like this Kyo character was arrested for a crime," I told him.

"I guess that's our cue to go down to the detention center and talk to Sophie's older sister," Mr. Lust said.

"Could you give me a piggy back ride there?!" Sophie exclaimed, her eyes going wide with excitement. Her innocent mind still didn't understand what had happened...

Mr. Lust stared at her in bewilderment for a few seconds before succumbing to Sophie's desires. "Sure," he smiled, crouching down so that she could jump onto his back. Sophie giggled as she did so.

"You're a nice guy, Mr. Red Haired Sir!" Sophie exclaimed.

"I'm Thomas," Mr. Lust told her.

"Could I call you Tommy?!" Sophie asked, beaming in a childish manor. She was so adorable...

Mr. Lust nodded and grinned. "Go right ahead."

"I think it's time we headed to the detention center," I told Mr. Lust.

He nodded. "Let's be on our way."

//June 16, 2031. Detention Center, 10:17 AM//

Sophie, Mr. Lust and I arrived at the detention center not long after. I looked around curiously, as it appeared that the client hadn't yet come in from her cell. I pulled up a few chairs from the wall to the right of the glass. There were three of them, one for all of us, though Sophie chose to sit on Mr. Lust instead. The red haired man smiled at her. They appeared to have taken a liking to one another already...

"Are you serious? You're the lawyers?"

I gasped and looked up to see a girl with bleach blonde hair. Baby blue sections were tied in a braid crown around her head, a style similar to Sophie's. But as opposed to our blonde friend, this girl had a sea green part of her hair that was comprising a braided bun on the top of her hair. The same section came over her shoulder in a braid. The girl had blue eyes that matched the pale jacket over her white shirt and jeans. The girl had white boots on as well.

Upon closer inspection (mainly to avoid the girl's interrogative and harsh gaze), I noticed that the girl had a golden locket around her neck and a matching comb holding back her braid bun. The girl found my eyes anyways, making even me gulp. Just what was wrong with her...?

"What about it?" Mr. Lust asked the girl with a small frown.

"I got the lawyers from that Morix place like you wanted, Kyo!!" Sophie smiled. "Introduce yourself!"

The girl sighed and looked down. "My name is Kyo Raine. Who might all of you be?" the girl, Ms. Raine, asked. She glared at Mr. Lust for some reason. I wonder why she was so unhappy to see him...

"Thomas Lust," Mr. Lust introduced. "And this is Niamh Tenniswood."

"We were wondering if you wanted us to defend you," I told Ms. Raine, hoping she could overcome her apparent anger towards Mr. Lust and give into our requests.

Ms. Raine rolled her eyes, something I should have expected. "I'm not having him defend me," she groaned, glaring at Mr. Lust even now.

"Why not?" Mr. Lust asked with a confused facial expression. "I don't think we've met before now..."

Ms. Raine looked down, toying with her locket. "You should know why, Lust. Nine years ago," she muttered, anger crossing her gaze.

I turned to Mr. Lust, eyes begging for him to elaborate on what Ms. Raine meant. He shrugged in reply. Did he really not know what she meant?

"Come on, sis! These guys are the best of the best! You said it yourself!" Sophie cut in suddenly, slamming her hands on the desk before her. "Just let them help you out of the mess that you got into! I'm sure that they'll be really nice to you! And why is it that you hate Tommy so much? He's so nice! He gave me a piggy back ride!"

Ms. Raine hesitated at hearing her little sister speak. "F-fine..." she stammered, gaze falling downwards. "I'll let them defend me... On one condition."

"What is it?" Mr. Lust asked eagerly, leaning towards the glass a few more inches. "And will you please tell me why it is that you hate me so much?"

Ms. Raine ignored his second question. "You let Sophie help you out with this case," she told him.

I gasped. "S-she seems far too young to help out in court...!" I told Ms. Raine. "Are you seriously asking us to let her tag along for the investigation of a crime...?!"

Ms. Raine nodded. "I am. I'm sure you'll find her ability quite useful," she smirked.

"Ability?" Mr. Lust asked, glancing at Sophie in confusion.

Sophie grinned up at him. "Kyo taught me how to do it! It's really cool and I bet that you'll find it really useful!" she exclaimed.

"The crime scene is at Umber Mansion if you want to investigate," Ms. Raine told us. "You'll find all the information you need from my bosses there."

Mr. Lust nodded. "We'll be on our way in that case." Sophie, Mr. Lust and I stood, walking for the door.

But on my way out, I heard one last sentence from Ms. Raine behind me.

"It's your fault all of this even happened, Lust..."

--------------------------------------------------

Kyo please stop being a meany to Tommy he's too sweet for your meaniness

But... Who is the prosecutor rival? I'm sure that you'll find it quite surprising when I tell you. Upupupupupupupupupu~

-Digital