The Comedic Turnabout, Part 4 (Sophie)

//September 5, 2031. Defendant Lobby No. 3, 9:37 AM//

"It's too bad that Lily couldn't come and help us," I sighed once we all walked into the lobby.

"She had to watch the agency. But I know that she'll help us out on another case coming up soon," Kyo told me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I smiled up at her. Kyo always knew how to be nice to me in a sisterly sort of way!

"I wonder where Ms. Chinami is," Tommy frowned. "I haven't seen her yet today and the trial starts soon..."

As if on cue, a pair of guards walked in to escort Ryoko. She approached us and shot me a tiny wave, which made my face break out into a smile. Today just seems like one of those good days, you know? The good days you really want to just have fun on! You know the days!

"Do you think you can win the case today?" Ryoko asked us, a tiny frown forming from her smile. 

"I'm sure of it!" I cried. "Tommy and Kyo and I are going to help you out for sure! Nothing's going to get in the way of us catching the real bad guy!"

Ryoko smiled at me and ran a hand through my hair. "You're so sweet..." she told me. 

I grinned. "Aw... Thanks, Ryoko!" I sang, bouncing up and down excitedly. I loved it when people were nice to me like that!

"I'm sure that we'll get at least a little bit further into the solving of the case today," Tommy declared. "It won't be much longer before we go in there and prove that Ms. Chinami didn't do i-"

"Defense! Defendant! Please proceed to the courtroom now!" the bailiff by the door shouted.

"Let's goooo~!" I chorused, linking arms with Kyo and Tommy before skipping into the courtroom with a smile. 

//September 5, 2031. Courtroom No. 3, 10:00 AM//

The judge slammed his gavel down. "Court is now in session for the trial of Ryoko Chinami. Are the defense and prosecution ready?" he asked.

"The defense is ready," Tommy nodded.

From the other side of the courtroom, Ms. Yin (I could tell since her hair was tied up differently than it had been yesterday) nodded as well. "The prosecution is also ready," she declared. "And before you ask, I'll go on and get onto my opening statement and all that jazz. Got that?"

The judge nodded with a tiny gulp. "G-go right ahead," he told her, as if afraid to disagree. 

"The crime was two days ago in the evening at Nico Nico Pub. The victim got up onto the stage and performed the dramatic act of falling dead due to poisoning of atroquinine. Out of all the people who could have committed the crime, the defendant was the only one lacking in an alibi," Ms. Yin told him. "Decisive, wouldn't you say?"

The judge nodded. "That does seem to hold quite a bit of water against the defendant," he agreed. "It seems as if she's the perpetrator behind this crime for sure."

"You can't announce your verdict yet, Your Honor," Tommy reminded him. "I think it's time to call the first witness to the stand now, if Prosecutor Yin would agree with me."

Ms. Yin nodded. "Michiko Kuroda, your turn. Get up there," she declared, slamming one hand onto the desk with a smirk.

Detective Kuroda appeared at the stand not long after with a smile. "Michiko Kuroda, homicide detective," she declared..

"I haven't asked for your name and occupation yet, witness," Ms. Yin scowled at her, crossing her arms with a glare. 

"You were going to," Detective Kuroda told her with a smirk. 

"Just testify already," Ms. Yin sighed angrily.

"Alright... No need to grump out over it..." Detective Kuroda muttered.

WITNESS TESTIMONY: MICHIKO KURODA- NICO NICO MURDER

-The victim got killed on stage in front of a crowd at the pub nearby.

-He collapsed from atroquinine poisoning, meaning that he was poisoned before the show began.

-Only employees and performers at the Nico Nico Pub have access to the backstage area.

-Out of all of these people, only the defendant didn't have an alibi.

"If I may ask, where is the murder poison as of now?" Tommy asked once Detective Kuroda was done. 

"We haven't yet found it," Detective Kuroda frowned. "Somebody, most likely the killer, disposed of it after they planted the poison in the cup of the victim."

"I take it that all of you are searching for the poison as of now to hold it against whoever the most heinous criminal is?" Ms. Yin asked her, twirling some of her hair over her finger.

Detective Kuroda nodded. "Yep. We haven't found any evidence of who could have it or where it is as of the moment, though. I'm sure it'll come up soon enough, though," she announced.

"Defense, your cross-examination, if you would," the judge told Tommy.

"I'll be right on it," Tommy nodded. 

CROSS-EXAMINATION: MICHIKO KURODA- NICO NICO MURDER

-The victim got killed on stage in front of a crowd at the pub nearby.

-He collapsed from atroquinine poisoning, meaning that he was poisoned before the show began.

-Only employees and performers at the Nico Nico Pub have access to the backstage area.

-Out of all of these people, only the defendant didn't have an alibi.

"OBJECTION!"

Tommy frowned and crossed his arms. "So you arrested the defendant on the assumption of where the poisoned coffee cup was found?" he asked the witness. "That doesn't exactly mean that the defendant is the killer in this case."

"What do you  mean?" Detective Kuroda frowned.

"Are you suggesting that somebody who doesn't have regular access got back there somehow and committed the crime?" Ms. Yin scoffed. "That's a terrible comeback to cover up the fact that you're losing, you know."

"You can't deny it as a possibility, though," Tommy told her. "We never know until we ask the witnesses about the access to the employees only room."

"In that case, allow me to call my next witness," Ms. Yin began.

"Go right ahead, Prosecutor Yin," the judge agreed with a nod.

Ms. Yin slammed her hand on the desk powerfully. "The prosecution now calls Mei Kuda to the witness stand!"

-------------------------------------------------

yes hello i am here

okay i dont have anything to say here so i guess ill just go away now k bai

-Digital