Turnabout Forgeries, Part 3 (Sophie)

//June 16, 2031. Umber Mansion, 11:07 AM//

We got to Kyo's job not all that long afterwards. The place was as big as I remember it always being when I brought something up to Kyo. She was kind of forgetful, sometimes, so I was up here more than you'd think. And the people who live here are really nice! Abby even gives me candy when I come up to help out Kyo!

I skipped inside, expecting to see the really pretty entrance I always did walking into the mansion, but instead, all I saw were those weird people in their blue uniforms. I frowned. The place was a lot less lively when these guys were mucking it up with their not at all nice looking outfits. Adults these days have no sense of what's in style and what isn't!

I walked over to the crowd, where at least twenty of the guys were looking at the same thing. I tried to push one out of the way. "Let me see!" I cried, though the guy just shoved me backwards so I tripped and fell into Tenny. He sure is a mean person! He'd go to the thinking chair if he were in school like me!

Tenny steadied my shoulders. "Are you alright, Sophie?" she asked, a tiny frown on her face. She looked like the kind of person who frowned a lot. Did she have no source of happiness or something like that?!

I nodded. "I'm good, but that guy is really mean!" I pouted up at her.

Tommy walked up to the man and tapped him on the shoulder. He showed him something shiny. The burly guy let him through after that, making me grin. "Go Tommy!" I exclaimed, causing him to turn bright red. I've seen cherries that have less red on them! What's wrong with his face?

Tommy whispered something to Tenny. Tenny nodded and took my shoulders, guiding me away from the area where the people were. "Come on, Sophie," Tenny told me. "We're going to go check out something else, okay?"

I pouted. "What are all they looking at, though?! I have to know!!" I cried up at her, though she disregarded my statement and pulled me away from the crowding people.

We walked around before finding a girl who was even older than Tenny. For me, being only nine, that's a huge gap of our ages! I wonder who this girl is! Maybe she and I can be friends!

The girl had even more hair colors than I did. Her hair was turquoise, pink, and yellow. She looked really pretty. Her eyes were the same color as mine.  She met my eyes with a wide grin. "You're so adorable!!" she gushed, crouching down to my level before sweeping me up into a bear hug. "I could just eat you up!"

"I don't think your sister will be happy to hear you say that," Tenny told the girl humorously. Have these two met? Why did they leave me out of the loop?! I may be small, but I'm still an equal!

Just not on the height basis...

"Ms. Tenniswood!" the girl gasped, standing up to her full height. She was about Tenny's height. Why was I so short compared to all of them?! I didn't like it!

"It's nice to see you again, Prosecutor Lin," Tenny smiled at the woman.

The girl held out a hand for me to shake. I accepted and shook her hand, quite eagerly, too. "You're a strong little one," she smiled at me. "My name is Sora. Sora Lin. Singer and prosecutor."

"What's a prosecutor?" I asked, trying to sound out her word as best I could.

"That's a long story," Tenny told me. "But she's going to be helping out in your sister's trial tomorrow."

I wondered what a trial was for a second, but I chose not to ask what it meant. I didn't want to sound too childish, even if people say that it's adorable. I want to be a professional person in the future, which I can't be if people are saying I'm adorable and stuff all the time!

"I can take you to talk to the witnesses now," Sora told Tenny. "Would you follow me this way?"

Tenny nodded. "Let's go, Sophie. We're going to talk to a few more people."

"Maybe they'll be Kyo's bosses! They're so nice to me! Abby might give me a lollipop like she always does!!" I exclaimed with a wide grin. "She knows which flavors are my favorite, so I bet she'll find one of those for me!"

Tenny took my hand, leading me to see a girl with long brown hair. I gasped. I knew that hair style! It was different colors just like mine!

"Abby!!" I smiled, running to the girl's side.

The woman, Abilene Umber (though I much prefer to call her Abby since it's easier for my young mouth to pronounce) beamed down at me. She scooped me up into a hug, a smile broad on her face. "Sophie!!" she exclaimed, spinning me around. "It's great to see you again!"

"Are you a witness in this case?" Tenny asked Abby. "We need to talk to anybody who could be testifying during tomorrow's trial."

Abby nodded. "Yes. The prosecution wishes to call me as a witness tomorrow, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve~" Abby sang with a smirk. "I'm not about to say that Kyo committed murder. There's no way that she would do something like that, even if she can be a bit emo."

"What is emo?" I asked, looking up at Tenny and Abby curiously.

They didn't give me a response, so I took that as a hint to stop talking. When people didn't talk to me, I always shut up so I wouldn't be a pest.

Tommy reentered the room. "I looked into the matter of the body. Stabbing case," Tommy told Tenny.

"Isn't stabbing a bad thing that nobody should ever do?" I questioned, staring up at the pair in curiosity. "It sounds like a bad thing to me."

Nobody said anything to me again, leaving me wondering if I said something wrong.

---------------------------------------------

Sophie is a precious cinnamon roll no touching

And yes I went through my whole update rotation in a day fite me I just don't have a social life-

-Digital