The Comedic Turnabout, Part 10 (Thomas) FINAl

"B-but if the defendant isn't the killer, then who do you propose did commit the crime?!" the judge demanded.

"This cravat is the calling for the serial murderer known as the Gentleman Murderer," I explained. "He always leaves a cravat somewhere at the scene of his murders, and this is proof of it."

"OBJECTION!"

"But the cravat wasn't at the crime scene!" Prosecutor Yin yelled.

"OBJECTION!"

"But it was found in the general vicinity of the crime! Not to mention that assault is a crime, and we have proof that this cravat was used against the witness!" I shouted back.

"Then what is your proof?!" Prosecutor Yin yelled.

"TAKE THAT!"

"There was a strand of hair found in the folds of the cravat, one that belongs to the witness, meaning that our killer is in fact the Gentleman Murderer," I told her. "And since the defendant is clearly female, does not have black hair or green eyes, she is not the killer!"

Instead of putting up a fight like one would suspect she would, Prosecutor Yin just sighed and looked down, realizing that she had been beaten. She was ready to accept defeat as far as I could tell. "Fine..." Prosecutor Yin grumbled, not meeting eyes with anybody.

"I-I suppose it's time for me to announce my verdict," the judge declared. Nobody objected. "In that case, this court hereby finds the defendant, Ryoko Chinami, not guilty. Court is adjourned!"

//September 6, 2031. Defendant Lobby No. 3, 12:08 PM//

"Thank you so much for winning the case for me!" Ms. Chinami exclaimed, running to my side once we were out in the defendant lobby.

"It's no issue," I smiled back at her, happy that I had won the case. Not just for my pride, but for the truth. At this point, I wasn't even bothered by the fact that the culprit was roaming out there, doing whatever he pleased, maybe even killing. I was just happy that Ms. Chinami was safe.

"Congratulations on your not guilty verdict, Ryoko!" Sophie exclaimed, taking her hand with a wide grin. "It's great that you don't have to be in that stupid detention center anymore! I can tell that place is awful just by the amount of spiders that are around there!"

"Well, I should get going. My twin brother is probably waiting for me at home," Ms. Chinami told us. "See you!"

Before I could ask about her brother, Ms. Chinami had skipped out of the lobby, leaving Sophie, Kyo, and I alone in the lobby.

"Thomas?" Kyo suddenly asked, making me meet her gaze.

"Yes?" I prompted.

"I want to show you something," she told me. "We need to go to the Umber Mansion for me to show you, though."

"Sure," I agreed, suspicious of what the blonde was planning. Usually, when Kyo was plotting something, it wasn't certain if it was a good or bad thing to come.

"Yay! Let's go see Anty and Abby!" Sophie exclaimed. She dragged us out of the courthouse, nearly ripping my shoulder out of its socket as she did so.

//September 6, 2031. Umber Mansion, 1:01 PM//

The mansion was pretty much just as I had remembered it from my most previous case: empty but regal at the same time. I felt instantly like I didn't exactly belong in that beautiful space, so I just allowed Kyo to drag me along to the fancy files room that she spent so much time in. Sophie had run off to go and see 'Abby and Anty', so it was just the two of us in the somewhat dark space.

"What is this about?" I asked her, raising an eyebrow. "You're worrying me a little bit, you know."

Kyo disregarded my question and comment, instead pulling out a familiar file I knew well: AE-7. I gulped and tried to look away. Staring at it didn't really make me comfortable. Especially considering the disaster behind it from nine years ago... Sophie didn't understand how terrible it had been.

"Kyo?" I prompted, feeling fear rise up in my gut. "Are you okay?"

Kyo opened up her file and turned to the victims page. "I'd like you to take a good look at the names on this page. I'm sure you'll find at least a few of them to be familiar," she told me.

I gave her a brief nod before accepting the page. I scanned over it, gulping as I read over the sixteen names.

-Komaru Lust
-Marina Alla
-Tiffany Raine
-Ian Raine
-Kye Kuda
-Eric Tyler
-TJ Swimm
-Arro Vant
-Ernie Ager
-Rob Chinami
-Ray Chinami
-Craig Alla
-Dora Vant
-Carey Ager
-Cara Ager
-Ida Swimm

"I guess you saw what I'm talking about," Kyo frowned once I stared up at her again after reading over the page. "You don't look as happy as you did before I brought up the subject, wouldn't you guess."

"I'm not that happy anymore," I told her.

Because as much as I hated to admit it, thinking about nine years ago hurt.

Since that was the case where my world went falling down around me into a big pit of nothingness.

//September 6, 2031. ???, ???//

"And what do you know? I got off the hook for yet another crime. And I owe it all to you..."

"I won't let you get away with this! I will get out and then I'll get help! You won't be free for long, you monster!"

"Monster? What an interesting word for me, Gentleman Murderer and criminal supreme. I thought you'd have come up with something a little bit more clever, being in such a high profession and all."

"I don't need to explain myself to you!!"

"Shut up! Give me the information now!!"

"No!"

The sound of a swift kick being delivered could be heard, followed by a grunt of pain. Flesh hit the floor as the victim fell unconscious.

"This will be a lot more fun than I thought it would be... Hostages... Another fun thing to play around with as a criminal."

----------------------------------------------

More pretyped update.

Hi there guys.

I'm not dead.

I'll type COC soon I promise.

-Digital