Turnabout Recollection, Part 17 (Polly)

'Cotoli' looked beyond bewildered at the name that Chrysalis had said. "Edgar Lust? What type of a name is that?"

"It's your name! You know exactly what type of a name it is!" Chrysalis roared.

"That's a ridiculous proposal," 'Cotoli' announced, shaking his head in disbelief. "It doesn't seem that even your defense team leader believes what you're proposing."

"But... Edgar Lust died years ago. There's no way that somebody like that is still alive. I know for sure that he's dead. He died after marrying my step mom and nobody ever saw him again," Mr. Lust muttered. "He's not here. This isn't real. You all must be lying."

"OBJECTION!"

"I looked into the details of Edgar Lust last night. No body was ever discovered, and since he's only been missing for nine years and not twenty, the files claim that he is, in fact, alive," I objected.

"That's still stupid!! There's now ay that this is real! I swear that you're all being delusional! I would never be a man like that! A murderous madman like that!" 'Cotoli' screamed.

The court fell silent. 'Cotoli' wasn't aware of the fatal mistake that he had made, and I wasn't going to tell him of it. I left that to Older Raine up to that, as she was chuckling lightly.

"You know... You're a real wise guy, but you made one fatal mistake," she smirked.

"What sort of mistake could I have made, you buffoons?!" 'Cotoli' screeched, sounding more like a pterodactyl than a grown man.

"You just said that Edgar Lust was a murderous madman. How would you know that unless you were the one and only Edgar Lust?!" Older Raine exclaimed, finger pointing at the fake with all her might.

'Cotoli's' eyes went wide with shock. "I didn't...!"

"Just give up the act. We know exactly who you are, and we have perfect capability to arrest you here and now, so it'd be best if you confessed," Prosecutor Yin smirked.

'Cotoli' began to growl under his breath. The noise only grew in volume, steadily getting louder until it sounded like an earthquake. With one swift motion, he threw his arms down and a powerful gust of wing appeared around him. The wind rotated around him countless times, sending papers flying into the tornado around him from the defense and prosecution's benches. After a few seconds of nothing but listening to the wind howl, I eventually heard a groan.

The papers had sliced at his arms, leaving tears in the hoodie he wore as well as his arms. The papers all flew at his face so he went reeling and fell backwards in shock. His back was flat against the ground, leaving the gallery chattering madly.

"What was that about?" I asked, crossing my arms.

When the man rose up, he was no longer disguised as Cotoli (who, according to Chrysalis, is my fiance to be, at least after he proposes). Instead, his hair was a violent crimson and was short. His eyes were green and shone like the grass, though they had a sense of darkness to them. He wore a cravat and a green suit instead of the hoodie.

Don't even try to ask me how something like that happened, because frankly, not even I have a clue.

"You think that I'm the Gentleman Murderer?" The man had pulled out a knife and begun to sharpen it on his finger. "That's cute. But there's no way that I'm the Gentleman Murderer."

"Your name is not Cotoli Morix. Tell the court what your real name is before we have to make things ugly," I growled at the man.

He shrugged simply, shaking his head with a sigh. "Fine. My name is as you say. Edgar Lust is my one true name, but that still does not mean that I am the Gentleman Murderer or the person who attacked this poor man. I may inform you, that I am not the culprit of either of those most heinous crimes," he declared.

"But you're the most likely culprit! Nobody else was mentioned by the victim of the attacks after he was found!!" I cried. "Nobody else could have done something like this, because if they did do it, I'm certain that the real Cotoli Morix would have mentioned them!!"

"That still does not mean that I am the culprit. You legal people are far too narrow minded for your own good. You need to open up a little bit more if you want any success in life, you lawyer types," Lust said.

"If you're not the culprit, then who do you think is?! Unless you have some sort of proposal, we can't believe what you are trying to say!!" I yelled angrily.

"Then I will make a proposition. The person who did all of this is right over there behind the defense bench, hiding like a coward," Lust told me. "Their name should be obvious, if you ask me."

"Then who are you talking about?! We need to know their name if we are to find the culprit!!" I shouted.

"You all will find this name quite familiar, if I had to assume," Lust announced.

"Just tell us who the heck you're talking about so we can get all of this over with!!" I continued to scream, hoping that he would finally hurry it up.

"If you ask me, the culprit is none other than..." Lust paused, taking a second to point dramatically at the defense. "You."

He was pointing to none other than Thomas Lust.

---------------------------------------------

A KID GOT IN MY WAY ON THE BUS AND NOW MY HAND IS SWOLLEN BECAUSE I FELL GREAT GOING-

-Digital