Turnabout Recollection, Part 8 (Chrysalis)

Remind me why I was watching this trial when one of my least favorite people was testifying. He was nothing but a low life copy cat of the real person who became well loved by many fans!!

Mr. Tyler strutted up to the witness stand with this aura of snooty perfection. I groaned and let myself face plant my hands. He was worse than Byakuya...

"Witness, please state your name and occupation for the court," the judge told him.

Mr. Tyler tossed his head to the side and smirked. "I'm Sullivan Tyler. Professional comedian," he said. Judging by his gaze, I could tell he wanted to add something about him being better than his predecessor. I glared and made the universal hand motion for 'I'm watching you'. He didn't seem to care, finding himself far too superior to give a reply to a peasant.

That attitude is strikingly familiar, come to think of it...

"Please begin your testimony about what you saw the day of the crime," the judge instructed.

"It would be my pleasure. May my testimony be much better what than an unprofessional comedian would give to you all!" Mr. Tyler exclaimed. I resisted the urge to throw my head through a wall as he said this.

WITNESS TESTIMONY: SULLIVAN TYLER- THE MOST TERRIBLE CRIME

-It was such a dreadful occurrence!
-I was merely driving when I heard a loud noise!
-I turned my head to see that a car had stopped and there was broken glass beginning to litter the road!
-The driver of the car behind the victim's car began to drive away.
-I saw a flash in the culprit's blue eyes, meaning that the defendant must have been the one who committed this most heinous act of violence!

"Is it bad that I already see a contradiction in this testimony?" Thomas muttered to Kyo, who sighed and shook her head.

"I saw it, too... I'm not an idiot like he must think me to be," Kyo told him. "That contradiction is so easy, even Sophie seems to have figured it out, and she's a child."

"I did find it," Sophie chirped in.

"Then stop boasting and show what could even be wrong with my testimony! I don't see any problems with it at all, so you must be faking it! You lawyers are liars, barely better at your job than that Susumu kid!" Mr. Tyler yelled.

I tried not to break my hand by clenching my fist so tightly here.

"I'll do better than that," Thomas announced. "Just you wait."

CROSS-EXAMINATION: SULLIVAN TYLER- THE MOST TERRIBLE CRIME

-It was such a dreadful occurrence!
-I was merely driving when I heard a loud noise!
-I turned my head to see that a car had stopped and there was broken glass beginning to litter the road!
-The driver of the car behind the victim's car began to drive away.
-I saw a flash in the culprit's blue eyes, meaning that the defendant must have been the one who committed this most heinous act of violence!

"OBJECTION!"

"I suppose your testimony wasn't as perfect as you thought it would be," Thomas smirked. I mentally applauded him for showing that wannabe what for!

"W-what?! But I'm perfect! I'm better than you peasants, not to mention that stupid Toshi comedian who can't before me!!" Mr. Tyler shouted angrily.

"A few months ago, the culprit was shown to have not blue eyes, but green eyes!" Thomas exclaimed, finger pointing at Mr. Tyler.

"M-my testimony wasn't perfect?! At least I'm still better than Toshi! He would have multiple holes in his testimony!" Mr. Tyler cried. "I'm still more perfect than you plebians!!"

"Calm down and let Lust talk," Tora interrupted. "We'll never get anywhere around that ego of yours getting in the way every five seconds. I wish we had the other comedian here to testify instead of you."

Mr. Tyler tried to sputter some sort of angry remark, but Thomas cut him off. Serves him right for being a jerk! "I think that this well enough proves the defendant's innocence, meaning that the witness was mistaken about what he saw the day of the crime! I think that this means the next witness should be called to the stand to clear up this hole!" Thomas exclaimed.

"Before this, we need to say that the witness is not at all professional and needs to stop acting like a fool in a castle's court, because he is most certainly not entertaining us," Tora declared.

"I-I am a professional! I'm certainly much better than you! I'm much better than you! I'm much better than all of you in every way you could think of in a lifetime!" Mr. Tyler yelled defensively.

"Except for maybe modesty..." Sophie whispered, shaking her head.

"I think not. You're not at all a professional. It's sad to think that anybody would even think of hiring you. I don't know anybody who would care about you. So why don't you just consider your just as testimony imperfect as you are so we can get you out of here?" Tora asked with a sickly sweet smile that made me think that maybe she wasn't so bad. If she realizes how bad this guy is, she's smart.

Mr. Tyler, who looked ready to bust into tears, pouted and ran away. He didn't even bother thinking up a retort, stomping off to join the rest of us gallery watchers in the seats above the courtroom floor.

He walked closer to where I sat and plopped down next to me. I tried not to look too demonic when he sat down next to me. I hate him so much...!

"The prosecution now calls Clarith Blake to the stand!" Tora exclaimed.

As she shouted this, I l turned to see Mr. Tyler. I glared at him. "You talked trash about Susumu Toshi?" I asked him, my voice dark.

And that was the moment when Mr. Tyler realized how screwed he was by sitting next to me.

---------------------------

When you have to censor things so as not to spoil plot twist in future

So here have a present I'm sure you like that

-Digital