Turnabout Recollection, Part 6 (Ryoko)

//November 29, 2031. Defendant Lobby No. 5, 9:26 AM//

The lobby was already crowded when I arrived at the courthouse, but despite how hard I looked, I couldn't find my lawyers anywhere. I sat down on the couch in the lobby to pass the time, but I didn't realize how fast tears came to my eyes after I sat.

Why was I even here?! At the very least, I should be watching the trial, I know, but why was I arrested for it?! I would never kill my brother, and most certainly not for the motive of him surviving the car crash or something like that! Because he wasn't even the on-

My defense lawyers approached me after I started crying, but before I could wipe my eyes, Sophie sat next to me and clung tightly to my arm. I sniffled and let her hug my arm for a few seconds. "You look so sad... Is it because you lost your brother?" Sophie asked me.

I nodded, not caring about hiding my tears now that all three of them had noticed. "I-I don't know what he did to deserve this!! There's no way I would ever kill him, nor would I kill the rest of those innocent people!! None of them did anything wrong!!" I exclaimed, hoping that my tears would stop and just leave me alone.

"I'm sorry about your brother, Ryoko..." Sophie whispered, stroking my arm gently. "But at least we can find his killer and lock them up! The real Gentleman Murderer can't hide from us forever and he knows it!"

I nodded and rubbed my eyes. "Okay... I guess you're right..." I agreed. "Thanks for talking to me..."

"You're welcome!" Sophie smiled, hugging me full on. I hugged back as well, happy that she had been so sweet. With an attitude like that about this case, you would never guess that her-

"Thomas," Kyo began, cutting into my thoughts with her sharp voice. "After the trial today... Would it be alright if we talked about the case... In private?"

Thomas seemed pretty confused, so he nodded blankly. Judging by how pale his face went, he was scared for his life. Kyo was... Threatening, to say the least. Not messing with her when she got demanding like this was probably for the best.

"You look afraid," continued Kyo. "Is something wrong, Thomas?"

Thomas shook his head. "N-no! I'm fine!" he shouted, though it was just a little bit too obvious to me that he was lying. He was stammering like a fool, so the truth was more than a little blatantly clear.

Kyo sighed and shook her head. "If you two are done with all of this, I think that we should begin to prepare for the trial. Mr. Tyler will be called as a witness shortly after the trial begins, so it would be wise if we prepared for a testimony with his quirks added into i-"

"Defense! Defendant! Please proceed to the courtroom now!"

Kyo glared at the bailiff, not a fan of being interrupted. "The bailiff and his rudeness aside, I suppose we'll have to improvise in there. Here's hoping we don't mess it up or anything like that," Kyo told us.

"We had better not mess this up..." I muttered, clenching my fist until my knuckles turned sheet white.

"Then off we goooooo!!" Sophie exclaimed, dragging Kyo and I into the courtroom. Thomas, relieved his arms weren't being pulled off for once, sighed and followed us in a much more civilized fashion before taking his place with the Raine sisters.

//November 29, 2031. Courtroom No. 5, 10:00 AM//

"Court is now in session for the trial of Ryoko Chinami," the judge announced. "Are the defense and prosecution ready?"

"The defense was born ready," Thomas announced after exchanging determined glances with Kyo and Sophie.

Prosecutor Yin shot the court one of her stupidly sweet smiles and slammed one hand down on the prosecutors bench before her. "The prosecution is also ready," she smirked. Am I the only one slightly scared when she smiles like that right before a trial...?

The judge nodded his approval. "Good. Now, Prosecutor Yin, please provide us with your opening statement so that this trial can get properly underway."

Prosecutor Yin nodded. "The crime took place two days ago in the afternoon of the 27th. On Highway 5111, things were normal, until a young man by the name of Ryu Chinami was shot. The bullet pierced his neck, so he died instantly. The defendant is believed to be the perpetrator of not only this murder, but the rest of the Gentleman Murderer crimes. Quiet serious charges, wouldn't you agree?"

"What makes you think the defendant did it?" Thomas frowned.

"Her prints were on the weapon that matched the ballistic markings of the murderous bullet. Decisive enough for you?" Prosecutor Yin asked with an arrogance I instantly disliked.

"That does seem rather decisive against the defendant!" the judge exclaimed. "She must be the culprit!"

I tried not to speak out of turn here. It's not my fault I was curious! I had been driving near the car when I saw Ryu's car stopped and so I investigated, not realizing that the gun had done that!! I didn't mean to touch it and get my fingerprints all over it!!

"This is just a misunderstanding!" I cried, forgetting about how I was supposed to stay silent during my trial, which makes no sense in my book.

"Defendant! No speaking out of turn!!" the judge yelled at me, suddenly going scary. I sunk away into my chair, wanting to be as far away from him as possible.

Silence reigned for a few seconds before Thomas spoke. "What about the prosecution calls their first witness?" he suggested.

"I agree," the judge said.

Prosecutor Yin slammed her hand down on the bench before pointing to the stand. "The prosecution now calls the Interpol agent on this case to the witness stand to testify!"

--------------------------------------

Because somebody I know needs therapy for when they get home from torture

Here have a present

Now I'm going to go sleep again because tired-

-Digital