The Treacherous Turnabout, Part 7 (Chrysalis)

A girl came into the room, leaving me blinking in confusion. She had a slight tan (similar to Vito's complexion, actually) and dark brown hair that fell down her back in puffy curls. Blue streaks framed her face, the same color as the blue on her cool colored jacket, zipped up and accompanied with jeans.

"Who are you?" I asked, blinking in confusion.

"You must be the victim," the girl smiled. "Glad to see that you're up and moving around, shorty."

"No need to poke fun..." I muttered, looking down unhappily. People always pick on my height when they see me...

"Neptune Mercure, right?" Mukuro asked the girl. "I think, at least..."

"Yep! That's me! I'm a detective in training, and if I do say so myself, pretty cool," the girl, or Neptune, rather, grinned.

"Could you please tell us what you saw the day of the crime?" Thomas asked Neptune.

"Sure!" Neptune nodded. For being a witness to a crime, she sure does seem peppy... "I was walking around the courthouse when I saw this weird guy walking out of a lobby. Not sure which one it was, but the dude was covered in blood."

"What else could you tell us about this mysterious man?" Detective Erikson asked her.

"He had red hair. It was a pretty bright ginger color, too. His eyes were green, I think," Neptune answered.

"It sounds like the person Chrysalis described to us a few moments ago," Kyo murmured.

"I guess that this guy is our culprit," Thomas said. "What else do you remember about the crime?"

"I think that the guy was holding some sort of fabric thingy in his hand. I can't be entirely sure what it was, but something was in his hand," Neptune continued. "It looked white, but then again, that could potentially just be the lighting."

"A white thing? In his hand for whatever reason while he left the crime scene?" Thomas questioned, eyes wide. It didn't take a genius to realize that he was lost in thought.

"What's so special about that? I bet that there are tons of people with green eyes and red hair," Neptune told him.

"The Gentleman Murderer, a serial killer, is well known for leaving a white cravat behind whenever he commits a crime," Thomas explained.

"Are you sure that this means that the GM was the one who attacked me?" I asked Thomas, gripping my blankets a little bit tighter.

Thomas nodded. "I think so."

Oh, come on! I don't need another serial killer after me! How perfect can today get?!

Speaking of perfect...

"You still haven't told me where Nevada is," I declared, glaring in the general direction of Thomas.

"You must mean the defendant," Neptune babbled, voice joyful to endless extents. "She can't be here if she's locked up at the detention center, you know."

"W-what?!" I exclaimed, ten times louder than I had intended. "S-she was arrested?!"

"Calm down," Thomas instructed. "And yes. She was."

I frowned, looking down unhappily. I couldn't believe that they arrested Nevada of all people for this!! It made no sense!!

I picked up my phone from the table that sat on the left side of my bed. I began to click away on it, searching until I found Nevada's number. When I did, I dialed her number and let it ring. Upon remembering she wouldn't have her phone, I hung up with a sigh.

Mukuro, who had caught on to what I was trying to do, nodded as a thought came to mind. "You could call Aiden. Last I heard, he was down at the detention center to question Nevada. You want me to call him and see if you could talk to Nevada through his phone?" Mukuro asked.

I nodded madly, which gave me a slight headache, though I couldn't care less at that moment. "If that would be okay..." I agreed.

I called Aiden and while the line rang, I waited for him to pick up. Now isn't the time to fear me and my duck costume, Aiden!! Focus for once, will you?!

"What is it?" Aiden whined from the other side of the phone line.

"Nevada! Talk to! Now! Please!" I exclaimed, hoping that the jittery detective would understand the message I was desperately trying to get across.

Aiden let out a shrill shriek (typical) and I could hear him fumbling with the phone, trying not to drop it in his shock. "C-calm down!!"

I sighed. "Sorry..." I muttered, though I didn't really mean it. I was too focused on Nevada to care about that at that point in time.

Another voice came through the phone to reach my ear. "Whoever you are, Healy's scared of ya," said the voice, which was familiar to me.

I broke out into a grin. "Nev!" I cried, holding the phone closer to my ear.

Confused gasping noises came from the other side of the line. "Chrysalis?! That you?!" Nevada yelled in shock.

I nodded, though I shortly after remembered that she couldn't see that and stopped. "Yeah! I'm awake! But why were you-?!"

"I need you to do me a favor, okay?" Nevada interrupted.

"Sure. What is it?" I asked,.

"Don't move. You're still hurt. No leaving the hospital. I'll come to you after the trial tomorrow, okay?" Nevada told me, her tone hard as rocks and cold as ice.

"B-but-!!" I tried to exclaim, though I knew that there was no arguing with her when she got like this.

"I think that we should give them some space," Thomas suggested. "Sophie, Kyo, let's head back to the crime scene. We need some proof that the Gentleman Murderer is the one who really did it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe I forgot to post this cruz excitement about getting requested to go into choir and competitive acting so !!!

-Digital