The Treacherous Turnabout, Part 10 (Thomas) FINAL

CROSS-EXAMINATION: NEPTUNE MERCURE- WHAT I REMEMEBER SEEING

-It was about eight or nine at night when I was walking through the courthouse.

-I was meeting up with a few friends, who had been watching a trial.

-Then, I see this man with red hair!

-He was walking out of a prosecution lobby, dripping with blood!

-That guy must have been the real culprit!!

"HOLD IT!"

"Do you remember seeing anybody else that night with red hair?" I asked, pressing my finger up against my forehead.

Ms. Mercure shook her head. "Nope! Nobody! The victim said the same thing, as a matter of fact... The culprit attacked her for no reason, as far as I can tell."

"I have a proposition to show the court about who the culprit is," I declared, raising my voice. "In the photo of the crime scene, which was taken before the victim was removed for medical treatment, the victim's pocket is full. As for what is in it, I believe that it's going to be our decisive proof as to who the culprit is."

Prosecutor Yin raised a piece of white fabric. She had the cravat...! "You must mean this," she said. "It came up in my investigation the first day. I was waiting for you to figure it out. I thought it was obvious."

"So the Gentleman Murderer is back again?!" I heard the judge exclaim in shock. "Are you sure?!"

"I'm positive," I nodded. "There isn't any way around it. The only solution to this case is that the infamous Gentleman Murderer is the real culprit in this case. It's too bad that we don't know who he is so we can't arrest him for all of those crimes..."

"This proof shows more than a little bit clearly that the defendant isn't the culprit!" Your Honor shouted. "If there aren't anymore objections, I wish to hand down my verdict now for the defendant's innocence in this crime!"

Yin didn't bother putting up a fight. "Go on," she told him.

"This court finds the defendant, Nevada Wood, not guilty. Court is adjourned!"

//October 25, 2031. Defendant Lobby No. 4, 11:23 AM//

"That was the fastest trial session ever," I told Kyo, who nodded.

"Mr. Lust?"

I turned to see Ms. Mercure standing a few feet away from me. Her eyes were hard, like she was about to launch into a serious conversation. She walked towards me and inserted her face inches away from mine. "You work with Morix Law Offices, do you not?" Ms. Mecure asked me.

I nodded nervously, not liking the way that she was glaring at me. "Y-yes," I squeaked nervously.

"You let the victim get attacked by the Gentleman Murderer," Ms. Mercure told me, her smile suddenly not seeming so sweet. "And for that, I don't like you."

"Do you know her or something?" I asked, hoping this conversation would end sooner rather than later so that she would back away from me.

"Know her? You think I know her? That's really funny, you know," Ms. Mercure said with a sickly angry smile. "You're a rather nice comedian. I don't like it," she told me.

"What's so wrong that you need to yell at me for it?" I questioned.

"Don't let her get hurt again or else you get hurt," Ms. Mercure snarled at me before backing away. She walked out of the room, a white haired girl and a yellow haired boy joining her before she vanished from sight.

"What was that about?" Sophie asked me.

I shook my head. "Nothing. Let's go back to the agency. I don't want to go to the hospital and potentially run into Ms. Mercure again," I told her.

Kyo raised an eyebrow my direction. "She didn't sound very happy in you for whatever reason. Do you have any idea why she would be so angry with you on a subject like this?"

I shook my head again. "No clue. I don't know her at all. Chrysalis and GJ never mentioned knowing her either," I replied.

"There's only one solution to this in your mind, if I had to guess," Kyo smirked. "Ms. Mercure knows them, but they don't know her for whatever reason. I guess we'll just have to dig into it a little bit deeper another time."

I nodded. "Yeah... I guess that we will..."

//October 25, 2031. Morix Law Offices, 12:01 PM//

The agency was buzzing when we got back. I looked around, ready to call out to Mr. Morix that I had gotten a not guilty verdict for his niece, but for whatever reason, the only strikingly tall figure I could find was Pieter.

I approached the eye patch wearing defense attorney with a frown. "Do you know where Mr. Morix is?" I asked him.

"No," Pieter replied. "But how did the case go? Was there a not guilty verdict? Can I go and talk to my sister now? How much longer until she's coming home?"

I took a step back from his interrogation session. "Calm down," I instructed of him, sweating at trying to think of the answers for so many different questions all at once.

"Mr. Morix left about an hour ago for whatever reason," Lily cut in. "I wish I could tell you where he went, but he didn't say for whatever reason. But oh well. He's always been a little bit strange that way."

I shrugged. "At least the case is solved," I declared, smiling.

Looking back on that day, I wish I could have ignored the frown Kyo had shot my direction.

But I knew I couldn't, and it all traced back to the cursed AE-7.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas no

And yes triple updates because I found time in math

(I swear TMS is coming soon I just didn't have access to information about next villain so I couldn't type chapter until I got home rip)

-Digital