Turnabout Recollection, Part 13 (Polly)

//November 29, 3031. Hospital Room No. 5111, 2:37 PM//

Chrysalis and I slowly walked in to Cotoli's hospital room after a nurse (one with hair that kind of had a similar color to Chrysalis') came out and told us he was okay. I gulped and took a seat next to Cotoli.

He was still unconscious, so I slipped my hand into his and squeezed as tightly as I could. I tried not to start crying as best I could, though I was already failing. I let myself start crying, tears slipping from my face and onto his still face. "W-who did this to you...?" I whispered, my bottom lip beginning to quiver.

"We'll make them pay. I promise," Chrysalis assured, placing a hand on my shoulder. "The Gentleman Murderer... I know that's who did this."

"You mentioned that you saw a cravat in the faker's brother. That means for sure that he's the culprit," I said. "Tell me what happened when you realized who the fake was. This could be important information later."

Chrysalis nodded. "Well, I was going to ask him about when he was going to propose to you, since he's been planning that sort of thing for a while now," she began, though I couldn't help but cut her off.

"Wait, what?!" I gasped.

"Admit that you knew it would happens sooner or later," Chrysalis told me. "Anyways, he didn't understand what I meant, and that's when I noticed the cravat. I called you after running out, but I don't think he understood what happened."

"That isn't good..." I murmured.

"What isn't good...?"

I gasped even louder than I had a few seconds before and turned to face Cotoli. He was paler than usual and looked tired, which made me think that he hadn't been sleeping well lately. "You're awake!!" Chrysalis exclaimed, hugging him as tightly as she could.

"Y-yeah... I'm okay... No need to lose your head over it..." Cotoli whispered, hugging her back gently. "Probably just another hallucination..."

"I am not a hallucination!" I yelled, stomping my foot.

"B-but you have to be... I'm still in the cave being held prisoner... I'm just imagining this..." Cotoli murmured, dazed and confused still.

"You're not imagining this! We're really here!" Chrysalis shouted.

Cotoli let the two of us engulf him into a hug, his expression slowly softening into the one I loved the most from him. "Polly...?! Chrysalis...?! You two are really here!"

Cotoli embraced us in return, beginning to cry. I felt bad for the poor guy... He had been tortured for heck knew how long. Knowing that made me feel empty inside.

"Did anybody else get attacked?!" Cotoli demanded of us. "I-I heard that Chrysalis was a-attacked and Nevada was-"

"It's always about Wood..." I muttered, rolling my eyes, though neither of them seemed to care.

"I'm fine now. You don't need to panic over it. Pieter was there when I was recovering," Chrysalis assured him.

"I should have been there..." Cotoli whispered, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand.

"What happened to you?! You looked really badly beaten up when we found you!!" I exclaimed.

"I-I was taken hostage by a man... He barely gave me any food and I rarely got anything to drink... And on top of that, I couldn't sleep and he would interrogate me for information," Cotoli explained.

"What do you mean by interrogate?" I asked, not knowing if I really wanted the answer to that question.

"He would ask me for weaknesses about you and the others... And if I didn't answer, he'd start punching and kicking me until I fell unconscious... S-sometimes, things like whips were involved..." Cotoli replied, sniffling gently.

"Oh my gosh!! Are you sure that you're okay?!" Chrysalis yelled.

"What about you?! My captor attacked you because I didn't give him the information he wanted!!" Cotoli shouted, tears filling his eyes.

Chrysalis and I paused. I took a step back. "W-what?" I asked. "What... What do you mean...?!"

"The person who took me... They told me that they attacked you and would do it again if I didn't tell him what he wanted..." Cotoli answered. "It's all my fault that happened..."

"I-I'm okay now! You don't have to blame yourself! You didn't do it! That Gentleman Murderer creep did!" Chrysalis cried.

"Speaking of the Gentleman Murderer," I began. "Is there anything else you can tell us that you found out about your time in captivity?"

"I found out that he originally has red hair and green eyes. He uses contacts to make his eyes blue like mine and a wig to copy the hairstyle," Cotoli told us. "He's pretty tall. About my height or a little bit taller, I'd have to say."

"You know... Other than the height think, that summary sounds a lot like your new employee," I frowned. "And if he was always standing over you, the height could easily have been a misconception."

"B-but Thomas would never do that!" Chrysalis exclaimed. "There's no way that he would do something like that!"

"How can you be so sure?!" I shouted. "We have to treat him with suspicion if there's a possibility that he-"

"Thomas isn't the one I saw."

I turned back to face Cotoli with a frown. "Then who did do this? I need to know for the trial of this crime," I said.

"The person who took me... I heard his name once. He accidentally told me," Cotoli began to explain.

"What was his name?!" Chrysalis demanded.

"His name..." Cotoli began with a sigh. "Was Edgar Lust."

------------------------------------------------------------------

AND IF WE ALL COME TOGETHER WE KNOW WHAT TO DO

WE ALL COME TOGETHER JUST TO SAY WE LOVE YOU

AND IF WE ALL COME TOGETHER WE KNOW WHAT TO DO

WE ALL COME TOGETHER JUST FOR YOU (AAAAAAAAAA)

-Digital