Turnabout Recollection, Part 18 (Sophie)

"M-me?!" Tommy choked out. He hadn't spoken since his father was revealed. I wouldn't do that if Daddy ended up being a bad guy. It would be awful to go through that, and then for his father to do something so mean as call him a killer!!

"Of course you. Who else?" Mr. Lust asked, shaking his head didapprovingly.

"There's no way I would kill all of those people! I was only nine when the AE-7 incident took place!!" Tommy yelled. "I wouldn't have even been old enough to drive a car, much less intentionally kill sixteen people!!"

"You'd be surprised what a person could do if they had strong enough motivation for it," Mr. Lust told him."Even somebody like you, Thomas."

"Why are you accusing him?! He's your son!!" Ms. Bloom shouted.

"Do I look like I care? For your information, I don't," Mr. Lust said.

"You're an awful father..." I muttered.

"Not the worst that I've seen," I heard Mr. Morix whisper, though I wasn't sure what he could have meant.

"We have proof that you're the culprit and Thomas isn't, so I'd shut my trap if I were you!" Chrysalis shouted angrily, her fists clenching.

"What sort of proof do you have that my stupid son isn't the culprit?" Mr. Lust questioned. "By all means, feel no fear in telling me what it is."

"The proof is the very man you attempted to impersonate. Cotoli said specifically that you were the one who took him," Chrysalis told him.

"He could have made a mistake. Both of us are tall and have red hair," Mr. Lust answered.

"Then why did you say that Edgar Lust was a murderous madman earlier?! That only makes sense if you knew he was that way, and none of us mentioned that Edgar Lust was a killer, though we never said something like that!" Ms. Bloom announced. "You said it yourself that you are a murderous madman!"

Mr. Lust began to grip the witness stand before slamming his hands down onto its surface. Afterwards, he grasped for his cravat, which he lifted into the air and pulled until it tore. The scraps of it fell down around him as he tugged on his hair. 

He looked pretty scary by the end of it all, to say the least.

"Fine!" he admitted. "You see before you the Gentleman Murderer, though none of you will ever understand my intentions by doing all of this!!"

"Then, by all means, tell us what your intentions were in committing all those crimes," Kyo growled to him.

"I had to kill that kid of mine before he realized that I was trying to start a mass murder! His ability to analyze the past through talking would have inconvenienced me!!" Mr. Lust shouted angrily. "I thought he was in the car with his mother that day, but I suppose not! He was sent to live with that stupid second wife of mine!!"

"Keep talking!" Prosecutor Yin demanded of him when he paused for just a second. She sure is intense...

"I heard that there was one person who survived the AE-7 car crash, so I had to kill all candidates before they got me in jail!" Mr. Lust continued to scream. 

"So that's why all of the recent victims of the Gentleman Murderer shared surnames with the AE-7 victims..." Kyo muttered. 

"And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!" Mr. Lust roared. 

"Tell us!" Kyo cut in. "You shot that arrow during the Sir Vant murder, did you not?!"

Mr. Lust smirked and nodded. "Of course I did. I was shocked that Raine and Lust had found each other after the car crash. I figured you'd hate each other since the primary victim is the one who got the Raines killed by letting her car sit on the side of the road," the madman told us.

"What about attacking Mei Kuda?" I asked, finally finding my voice after hearing about Mr. Lust.

"Of course I did that. I thought that she was the one who survived the crash, though I didn't kill her, instead using this as the chance to blackmail somebody, something I don't do often," Mr. Lust explained. 

"Why the attempted murder in October? The victim wasn't related to anybody from AE-7," Kyo frowned.

"That was merely for fun. Morix wasn't cooperating, so I had to get him to talk by attacking people he cared for," Mr. Lust said. "That was fun, you know. I've never gotten a chance to impersonate a serial killer other than that one time. Nightfall, Genocide Jack, Hitogoroshi... There aren't enough of us. Too many assassins, you hear me?"

"Don't change the subject! The fact remains that you have committed many enormously large crimes and there is no way that we can allow you to get away with that!" Ms. Bloom yelled.

"I have one final question for you, Mr. Lust," Kyo said calmly. 

"What is it? It had better be worth it," Mr. Lust growled.

"The final survivor of the car crash... You don't know who it is, do you?" Kyo asked.

Judging by the fact that Mr. Lust didn't answer as he was handcuffed and taken away, I assumed that he didn't know the answer. 

The judge was stunned silent by what had happened. He didn't know what to say. "W-well..." he stammered after Ms. Bloom snapped to get his attention. 

"I guess that wraps up the Gentleman Murderer cases once and for all," Kyo declared.

The judge nodded slowly. "I hope no more serial killers show their faces in my court again..." he muttered.

"Good luck with that..." Chrysalis and Mr. Morix whispered at the same time, shaking their heads in sync.

"Well... Since the culprit was most likely the man who was just carted away, I suppose that this means that we can now find the defendant, Ryoko Chinami, not guilty. Court is adjourned!" the judge announced, slamming his fancy hammer down on its fancy stand.

Words can't describe how happy I am that we were finally done with the evil known as the Gentleman Murderer.

-------------------------------------------------

because im mean im pretyping the last chapters and im going to post them all either tomorrow or monday because i suck and you all know it

well imma go do that so that i can close this book

i cant wait for the next one so-

-Digital