Chapter One

My hands run over the last suitcase that was prepared to enter my car. My eyes flick around my room to notice how empty it looked. My cupboard doors left open revealing the emptiness inside. My drawings that once stuck to the walls were now in a folder with the rest of my stuff. All that was left was my bed, desk and a few other things I couldn't take with me. Today was finally the day I left for college. I'll be living on campus thus the reason why my room looks so empty. I look at the time on my phone and sigh knowing I had to leave soon. But I wasn't leaving until I said goodbye to my brother Scott. He knew I was leaving today and yet he's out doing whatever teenage boys do after school on a Monday.

"Sorry I'm late" I hear his voice say causing me to jump. I look behind me to see him and Stiles standing at the entry of my room. I smile softly hugging him tight. I also hug Stiles as he's been like another brother to me even though one if enough.

"What happened to your face..." I ask worried as I look at his eyebrow to see dry blood spread around it.

"Oh, I uh, I bumped into a pole at school?" He responds but sounded more like a question.

"Right... Well, this is it! Help me with my luggage?" I smile pointing over to my last suitcase. He nods his head brushing past me and grabbing my black and red suitcase before following me downstairs.

"Mum?" I call out wondering where she went.

"Right here" she says walking into the house.

"I was just making room in your car for your last suitcase" she explains as Scott and Stiles pass her. We wonder outside standing silently beside my car. My mum steps forward looking as though she was about to cry. I bite my tongue, stopping myself from crying. I hug her tightly unsure of what to say to her.

"Be safe, have fun and come and visit as soon as possible" she whispers not wanting to let go. We finally pull away from one another as I look to Scott and Stiles. The three of us join in a hug as Stiles was family and I cared for the two equally.

"Stay out of trouble" I eye the two. Stiles stares at me laughing softly but Scott was too preoccupied with his phone.

"Stiles we need to go... We need to meet Derek at his place" Scott mumbles to Stiles.

"Derek? Who is Derek?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No one, have fun see you soon" Scott looks up to me before he and Stiles run off. I sigh deeply to the fact my brother didn't even want to see me off. I guess it is just college and I will see him often. But it still would have been nice. I give my mum a quick hug before getting into my car. I start the engine, plug my phone in and drive off. I left late and already knew that I had missed the welcoming they would of had during the day. But I'm kind of glad I didn't go. I don't do crowds too well. I tried to relax myself by singing along to some of my favourite songs. I can't sing to save my life but I still enjoy the feeling. I'm really going to make these next few years count. No boyfriend and no sex. Well, a one night stand once this year is okay I suppose... But no getting attached! 

As I pull up to the carpark of the college I look over to see a blue Jeep that looks identical to Stiles. My eyebrows furrow in as I stare at the car in confusion. My mind must be playing tricks on me... I must miss them already. I breathe in deeply tapping my steering wheel. I get the brochure out of the glove box which had a small map printed on the back. Office open hours are from six am to six pm. It's five thirty now.... I grab my keys, phone and brochure before exiting my car. I follow the map to the office praying they didn't close early. As the sun kept lowering, it became harder to know where exactly I was going. Hope fills my eyes as I see the office light still on and an elderly lady walking around most likely looking for something. I enter the building smiling once she made contact with my eyes.