Chapter Seven

"Ready?" She asks getting out of the car. I follow suite joining her as we walk down the driveway. We part to the left following a pathway into the backyard. Music feels the air as people come into view. It looked more like a party then a gathering. But there were only around twenty people there all together not giving it the numbers to be a party. I watch as Darcy walks ahead as I stop to look around. The backyard was beautiful with hedges on the outsides of it. I finally catch up to Darcy who was with a group of people standing in the far right of the backyard.

"Do you guys remember Marzia?" Darcy says pulling me into the group. I see the familiar faces of Ethan, Aiden, Lydia, Jamie, Lillian and then meeting some new faces.

"Yeah of course" Aiden looks at me with wanting eyes. I give off an awkward smile not knowing what to say. Lydia looks up at him annoyed with his statement before looking over to a brunette girl standing beside her. She leaves my site for a second before tapping me on the shoulder.

"Hey Marzia, this is a friend of mine, Allison" She introduces me to the brunette.

"Hi" I smile at her.

"Did you want to come sit with us for a while?" Lydia asks.

"Sure?" I shrug following her and Allison to a stack of plastic chairs. We all grab one before finding a spot on the grassed yard.

"I heard you've been getting close to Derek" Lydia suddenly says with a wicked smile.

"What? No, I haven't properly spoken to him for like a week" I explain feeling slightly attacked with that question.

"Wait, you know Derek Hale?" Allison looks at me confused.

"yeah, he's a few dorm rooms down from me?"

"Dorm room!?" Lydia spits her drink.

"What is he doing in a dorm room?" She whispers to Allison who just shrugs.

"So if you're friends with the twins, Derek, Darcy-" Allison begins to say but is cut off.

"Hey Marzia! Wow look at you!" Isaac comes up to me causing me to stand. We hug tightly before I finally let go.

"You look so..."

"Weird?" I mutter.

"Beautiful... But not saying that you're not beautiful without make up but I'm saying that you look even more beautiful! But not saying that you're ugly otherwise, which I'm not!! I just think-" He begins to rumble until Lydia stops him.

"Okay Isaac, we get it" She says.

"Yeah, yeah sorry" He apologizes as I smile at him.

"Would you like a drink?" He asks.

"Something nonalcoholic would be lovely" I grin at him.

"Sure! One nonalcoholic drink coming up!" He awkwardly laughs stumbling over Allison's chair. I watch as he walks off feeling my heart slow down not even realizing it had been beating fast. I sit back down looking over to Allison who wasn't able to finish her sentence from before.

"As I was saying, you're friends with the twins, Derek, Darcy, Isaac and probably more but that gets me wondering.... Are you were-"

"Where! did you guys get off too! Haha, found you! Wow, hey can I just steal Lydia and Allison off you for just one second? Thanks!" Darcy comes over shouting pulling off a large smile. Before I knew it, I was left alone. Until I saw Isaac walking back over sitting in Lydia's spot.