Chapter Forty-Six

I pull my blue jeans with some rips on it on before standing in my bathroom in just my jeans and bra on as a I blow-dry my hair. I apply a little bit of foundation and mascara on before pulling on a long sleeved, nude coloured crop top on. I run my nails through my hair teasing it slightly. I looked nice but I wasn't trying to impress him. Sure he's good looking but for starters, he's as gay as anything and I was still stung up over Derek. I wasn't even sure if Derek was still a teenager or not. But with me in his life, I just made it much more complicated than it had to be. I wander downstairs fixing the small TV I brought with me from my mums' house to here, in hope it would connect to the signal. It's currently six and I wasn't sure if I should eat something now or wait till Patrick was here to order pizza. Suddenly there is a knock at the front door which distracts me. I stand up wandering to the door opening it to find Patrick standing there with a grin on his face.

"Am I too early?" He smirks as I smile at him.

"No of course not. Come in" I say as I step to the side allowing him in.

"Did you come with someone?" I ask noticing someone getting out of Patrick's car.

"Yeah it's my younger brother who's going to his girlfriend's next door." He explains putting a bottle of wine on the table. I close the door walking into the lounge room looking at the wine.

"I um, I don't have any wine glasses" I laugh softly.

"It's okay, we'll drink this classy wine out of plastic cups for all I care" He smiles at me. I softly giggle walking to the kitchen as he follows.

"I've got glass cups? One step up from plastic" I grin passing him a glass cup.

"Fabulous" He smirks.

"I um... So this is the kitchen and eating area" I wave my arms around as I begin showing him around.

"This is obviously the lounge room" I say as we enter the lounge room.

"Over here is going to be just a chill room. These shelves will be good for books which I hope to fill as I only have fifteen at the moment" I explain as we walk to the room opposite from the lounge room.

"You like to read?" He asks me.

"Love it" I correct him.

"I like a woman who is educated" He says causing me to laugh.

"Well you'll like the fact I'm studying to be a teacher" I state as we walk back into the lounge room, taking a seat on the only couch in the room.

"Ooh, that just turns me on" He chuckles as I softly laugh knowing he was joking.

"Actually do you know where the university is?" I ask him.

"I sure do, I'll be happy to take you" He says lowering his voice.

"That would be amazing thank you" I say looking at him then to the wine.

"How about we open it?" I question.

"Sure" He mumbles grabbing the wine and popping it towards the door.

"Here we are" He softly says pouring me a glass of red wine.

"Cheers" I grin as I hold my glass out to tap against his.

"Cheers to the beginning of a new friendship" He comments before taking a sip as do I.

"Did you want to order pizza?" I ask him grabbing my phone.

"Sure" He nods his head. We talk about random things as we ordered pizza and whilst waiting for the pizza, we discussed things like family and past experiences.

"So now it's just Adam and I. At least he has his girlfriend Lisa." He explains as I nod.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. My brother got a girlfriend without even telling me. But saying that I didn't tell them about a guy I had an off and on thing with" I tell him.

"Why is it always the younger siblings that get it all?" He chuckles. A knock at the door distracts us both as I stand with the money we put together. We both knew it was the pizza man, all we had to do was the pay the man. You could see the front door from the couch so I knew Patrick was watching me walking over. The knocking begins again but it was a constant sound.

"Okay, I'm coming!" I yell at how impatient he was. As I open the door, my eyes land on the face in front of me.

"Derek?"

Don't forget to Vote

Comment

and follow! x