Chapter Eighteen

I begin coughing as I felt like my throat was on fire. I swing my head up looking around. I look as though I was in an old factory with bullet holes through the walls. I go to move suddenly realizing I was tied to the chair. What the hell is going on?

"Welcome back" A voice wickedly laughs. A woman appears in front of me, staring into my eyes.

"I'm surprised you were out as long as you were. I thought we may have already killed you" She adds on.

"What do you want from me?"

"It's not you we want, it's Derek. But the only way he'll come as long as you're here" She smiles evilly.

"Don't bother, we don't talk anymore" I glare at her.

"Aw did the two of you break up" She pouts.

"We weren't even together. You're wasting your time. He's not coming" I spit fighting in my chair.

"Oh yes he will" She mutters under her breath, leaving me alone in the dark room. I don't know how long I was sitting there for trying to get free, but I then suddenly feel a pair of arms on me. I'm lifted from the chair but my hands are still tied. I'm taken up some stairs and into another room where I'm thrown in and locked inside. I look around and see there was literally nothing in the room besides me. I press my head up against the door listening to anything I could pick up.

"And what if he doesn't come? Hm? Then what?" voices muffle through the door.

"We have to wait. Once they realize she is missing they'll come. A day has already passed because this idiot put too much chloroform onto the napkin and to the fact she has what, asthma or something? She has already been out for a day."

"Just make sure in the meantime she doesn't starve to death. We don't know when he's coming and we can't have her falling to the ground for the plan to work understand?"

A few hours pass and a man enters the room. He unties my arms allowing me to stretch them out, his eyes not leaving me. He finally leaves the room locking the door behind him. I run my hands over the rusty walls of the room. My fingers play with the bullet holes as I begin to look through them. I wasn't able to see far as the darkness in the other room was blocking my vision. I step away sighing softly to myself. I feel so weak... I wish I could scream and fight but I think if I tried that I wouldn't even make it out the door. I sit on the floor looking at the concrete. I didn't realize I had fallen asleep and I didn't know how long I had been out for, but I end up waking up with my bladder burning inside of me. I stand up placing my hand on my stomach as I really needed to pee. I jog to the door banging against the thin metal.

"Come on come on" I mutter to myself. The door suddenly pushes against me revealing the man from earlier. He looked pissed and annoyed at me.

"Would you shut up" He growls at me.

"I will if you just let me out to pee" I cross my arms. He stares at me for a few more seconds before grabbing my arm. He takes me down some metal stairs before we reach outside. I notice the sun just peeking over the horizon letting me know it was the next day.

"Don't try anything stupid" He pushes me into the bush. I roll my eyes ducking behind a tree before pulling my pants down. I feel relieved as I pee onto the surrounding leaves and twigs. Once done, I slowly pull my pants back up, peeping around the tree. He was standing away from me, his arms crossed around one another. I turn around slowly tiptoeing away from him and into the thick bush. My heart sinks as I step on a small branch causing it to break loudly. I turn around to see him turning to try to find me. He begins walking into the forest of trees and my heart starts racing. I try quietly to hide behind a tree, looking around to see where he was. I couldn't see him which somewhat scared me and somewhat made me relieved. As I turn around my face is met with the back of a hand, causing me to fall to the ground.

"I told you not to do anything stupid" he growls as I hold my heated face. He grabs my arm hoisting me up, dragging me back to the old factory.

"No please let me go! I'm a no one! You have no need for me. Please let me go" I beg him as he pulls me along. My free hand holds onto the stairs railings but he yanks on my other arm causing my hand to harshly burn itself on the old metal. We get back to the old room I've been in for the past two days. He throws me to the ground slamming the door hard. The lock is heard leaving me in the silence of the room. I shuffle to the back of the room, leaning against the metal wall. I bring my knees up crying softly. My stomach rumbles begging me for food. My face heated and sore wanting a cool ice pack pressed against it. My head throbbing asking for the water I needed most. The tears roll down my face as I cry into my knees, wetting the black jeans I've been in for the past few days. After I spent a while crying I lie on the ground tapping at the concrete. I don't know how long I was there for but finally someone enters the room. It is the girl I met when I first gained consciousness here. She holds a small paper plate with food on it. I think it's food? It looks like something poured out of a can that went out of date two years ago.

"Eat" she says placing down in front of me before sitting opposite me. My body really wanted to eat it but my mind said no. I remain silent not moving an inch which seems to irritate her.

"I said eat" she shoves the food closer obviously annoyed with me. I do nothing but sit and stare at the slop in front of me.

"Listen I know what happened this morning and I don't think you want a matching bruise on the other side of your face now do you? So before my hand slaps your face and the other shoves the food down your throat, I advise you start eating. Now!" She threatens as I look up at her then down at the slop. I pick up the plastic spoon lifting it towards my mouth, covered in the slop. It enters my mouth making me want to throw up.

"Good. Now when I get back. It better be finished" she says before shutting the door behind her. I swallow the 'food' before pinching my nose and taking another mouthful. Thankfully for my sake, there wasn't much. All together it only took around six mouthfuls to finish but by that time I was close to the throwing up. The woman soon returns taking the paper plate and plastic spoon with her. She looks at me well aware I was going to throw up. She stands at the door looking disgusted as I run to the corner of the room before throwing up the vile food. She runs out of the room as I continue to barf up the revolting slop. I finally wipe my mouth looking down at the regurgitate food. All there was to be seen was the food I ate moments ago. There wasn't anything else in my body to bring back up but that. I try to swallow as much saliva as I could trying to cool my burning throat. I look over to see a man standing there with an old bucket and broken mop obviously property of this factory. He throws me the mop and leaves the bucket at the now closed door. I rub my eyes before cleaning up my mess. I tried quickly not wanting to throw up more because of the sight and smell. Couldn't they of just given me an apple or something? Not something that has been sitting in a can for ten years. Once done I leave the bucket and mop by the door taking a seat at the opposite corner. I lean against the wall not knowing what to do. I think the only thing I can do is sleep. I'm already weak as it is.

I don't know how long it's been. Three, Four days? The only way I'm able to see if it's night or day is when I go out to pee. And thanks to my little escape, they now stand next to me while I'm squatting. They try giving me more food and thankfully it was slightly nicer. She didn't force me to eat all of it knowing that if I did, I would throw up.

"You know, I'm surprised he's taking as long as he is. It's been what? Five days?" The woman I first met with her long black hair as crazy long black nails says. I remain silent staring at the door behind her.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you" She spits grabbing my cheeks pulling my head towards her.

"Do you know why he isn't here? Did the two of you actually break up? Why? Is it because of us?" She sarcastically pouts.

"Aw, you thought by breaking up we would just drop you and you thought you'd be safe?" She wickedly giggles. She lets go off of my face and I could feel my hand curling into a fist.

"I would have expected Derek to be-" She goes to say but I cut her off by colliding my fist to her face. I stand to my feet looking down at her as she holds her face. Her eyes flick to me burning her red eyes into me. She stands quickly slamming me into the wall behind me. Her hand around my throat making it hard for me to breathe. My hands wrap around her wrists trying to push her away but her grip was too strong. My head begins to feel fuzzy and light until I fall to the ground.

"Try that again and you're dead" She growls leaving the room as I cough loudly. I breathe deeply trying not to start an asthma attack. My hands run over my neck soothing my skin.