Chapter Thirty-Eight

I roll over to see Derek slipping on his leather jacket, before reaching for his keys.

"Where are you going?" I croak leaning on my left arm. He turns around looking down at my sleepy face.

"I'll be quick" He mumbles walking over to me and kissing my forehead.

"That didn't answer my question" I state. I hear him sigh before finally telling me.

"I'm going to Argent's place to ask him if there was anything on Kate's arrows that may have influenced what happened to you last night" He explains. I sit up grabbing my shirt from the ground.

"I'm coming" I say.

"Marzia please d-"

"Derek" I eye him as he stares at me until finally allowing me to come. We drive to Argent's which was surprisingly a quick journey. Wait... I know this house... Argent... Chris... Chris Argent. Kate Argent... Allison Argent... Fuck okay, it all makes sense. I knew Allison and Kate were related I just didn't realize Chris was in the picture.

"Follow me" He says as we get out of his car. Instead of going to the front door, we end up jumping up to a window and into an office looking room. Derek gets his phone out typing something out. I put my hands in my pocket before wondering around the room, looking at all the different things he had on display.

"Okay make it quick" A sudden voice says as Argent enters the room, shutting the door behind him.

"What kind of shit does Kate fill those damn arrows with?" Derek asks him leaning against the desk. I take a seat on the leather chair, only listening to their conversation.

"What do you mean?" Argent asks.

"Well it isn't wolfs bane otherwise she would be dead! Now what is it?" Derek growls.

"I don't know... Kate is extremely unpredictable... Why, what happened?" Argent questions looking somewhat sympathetic.

"Last night, Marzia changed into her werewolf form... And no she didn't hurt anyone. But, she suddenly changed back and ended up having an asthma attack. Werewolves don't have asthma attacks!" Derek explains then stating the obvious.

"Hm... Is she fine now?" He asks as both Derek and Argent turn to look at me. I simply nod feeling uncomfortable with the attention.

"I have a feeling it's wolf trait... Basically it strips a person from their werewolf powers for a certain amount of time to give an advantage to the hunters if they didn't want to kill the werewolf." Argent explains.

"Well it almost did kill her! Because she was stripped from her werewolf powers, she had an asthma attack and if I wasn't there with her, she could have died" Derek says throwing his emotions around without realizing.

"Listen Derek, Marzia's going to be fine. Just-" He begins but stops himself. He suddenly walks over to me, kneeling in front of me.

"Until Kate is taken care of and she isn't able to hurt you, you need to stay inside. She will use you to get to Derek. And no matter how much it hurts me to do this, I will protect you. This goes against everything I've learnt and I believe in but, you, Scott and even now Derek, have really opened my eyes. I don't see you as a threat. I see you as a person" He states looking sincere in what he just told me. I begin to feel generally safe around him instead of seeing him as just a hunter.

"Thank you" I whisper to him as he stands up straight.

"I wrote down my number if there is anything you need to fill me in on. Thank you Argent. This means a lot to me." Derek says to him surprising me.

"Take care and be safe" Chris says as we jump out the window. I slip my fingers between Derek's as we walk back to the car, hand in hand.

"How do you feel?" He asks me before I open the car door.

"Like a healthy werewolf" I smile.