Chapter Forty-Seven

"Derek?" I whisper immediately having my eyes warm with water. His eyes were a clear pink shade as though he had been crying and as I looked down, I noticed his knuckles bruised too.

"What... What are you doing here?" I quietly ask as I feel the tears begin to roll down my face.

"Why did you leave?" He questions biting his bottom lip.

"I had to. I had to get out of there. Why did you come? We aren't... I" My hand reaches for my hair as I entwine my fingers throughout it.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done but you're the only one who's kept me sane. To have you leave my life... I... I don't know how to deal with everything" His voice sounded strained like he had been yelling loudly for the past six hours.

"I think you should go... I need time to think." I say to him as I begin to slowly move the door.

"Please don't shut the door. Please don't leave me" He breaks down crying. I bite on my tongue shaking my head as I close the door on him. I turn around and Patrick looked uncomfortable yet looked as though he has seen something like this before. I hit the back of my head on the door as I try to get Derek out of my mind. A figure suddenly appears in front of me as I look at Patrick to see him looking down at me worried.

"I'm sorry about all that" I apologize to him as I wipe under my eyes. He places his hand under my chin lifting it up so I was looking at him.

"Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault." He says softly to me. I bring my lips into my mouth, biting down gently.

"Go sit down and have some wine" He orders me and I decide to do as he said. He stands by the door until another knock sounds. This time it was just some kid with our pizza. Patrick sits next to me handing me a pizza box.

"Let me tell you about this time I hooked up with this pizza guy" Patrick says as he picks up a slice of pizza.

--- --- ---- ---

"Thank you so much Patrick. That meant the world to me" I say as Patrick goes to leave for the night.

"No problem. I didn't know how much we had in common until then." He smiles at me.

"Yeah" I whisper leaning against the door frame.

"Here's my number if you ever need to talk" He says showing me his phone with his number on it. I grab my phone typing in his number.

"I'll text you so you'll have my number also" I mention as I text him allowing the phone to vibrate.

"Hope you sleep well. Goodnight" He says kissing my cheek before turning and leaving. I stare at him walking to his car thinking over what he just did. It was just out of kindness; he is gay to the bone. I look down at my hands feeling the urge to cry again. I love Derek I really do. And seeing him like this hurts me so much but... I just need to be away from it all. Away from Derek. But no, he had to come and make things worse! I hate my life... I hate everything....