Chapter Forty-Four

"Because I'm sick of losing soul mates, so where do we begin? I can finally see you're as fucked up as me so how do we win?" I sing softly as I turn right, going down a long road. A smile rolls onto my face as I see the sign in front of my new house come into view. 'Sold' it read.  I pull into the driveway getting out of my packed car. I couldn't contain my excitement. I let out a small squeal as I walk quickly to the front door. I unlock the house, swinging the door open. My shoes hit against the wooden floors as I spin around in the empty space. I did it. I actually did it! I'm finally out of Beacon Hills and into a new suburb, hours away, North Lapstone. I turn to the front seeing the moving truck turn into my driveway. I run out watching the men exit the truck beginning to unpack everything from the truck into the house. I breathe in the fresh cool air admiring the surrounding houses. They were rather cute and looked as though it held friendly, normal, neighbours. When I thought I was finally away from all the mystical creatures back at Beacon Hills, I pick up something odd and something... different.

"We're all done Miss" A voice causes me to jump as one of the moving men comes up behind me.

"Oh fantastic! Just give me a moment" I smile jogging to my car and grabbing some cash from my wallet.

"Here you both are" I grin giving them a tip.

"Thank you" They chorus. I wave them off as they get into their truck. I grab the rest of the boxes putting them inside my home. Now I at least have something inside my empty house. The first thing I do is pull my mattress upstairs.

"Ow" I mutter as I fall on my butt as I try to pull the mattress up the stairs.

"Ugh! Why are mattresses so heavy!" I groan puffing as I yanked the mattresses up the stairs. At last, the mattress was up the stairs and in my room. As I puff loudly a frown appears on my face as I remembered I still had to put my bed together! I sit up looking around my new empty room. I have the urge to explore my new neighbourhood. I run downstairs getting my keys and phone from the top of a box. As I exit the house, I let my feet take me down the street and onto endless turns to other streets. An hour passes and I find myself at a beginning of a driveway. A lovely large house was at the end of driveway. It looks hundreds of years old. I turn back around but get a sudden shock to see someone standing a metre away from me.

"Oh my god" I softly laugh putting my hand over my chest.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" He smiles at me. His jaw; nicely defined and his hair; long, dark brown, his eyes are a beautiful dark brown colour and his smile could melt hearts within seconds.

"It's okay, is uh... Is this your house?" I ask looking back at the house I was staring at for the past three minutes.

"Yeah, I'm Patrick" He puts his hand out.

"Marzia" I mutter staring at him as I shake his hand. He's so nice and just gives off such a friendly vibe. Silence rises between us as we stood there just... Staring at one another.

"Aha um... Sorry, I'll leave now" I awkwardly say as I begin to walk away from him.

"Will I see you again?" He asks.

"Maybe" I smile walking away. My heart pounds like crazy after what just happened. Suddenly Derek comes to mind and my heart begins to slow and my minds the one to go crazy. I keep telling myself that it's better this way. But part of me wants to back in Beacon hills with him and all my friends. But I guess I just need to give this place a chance. I finally get home groaning softly as I remembered I still had to put my bed together. I close the door behind me before taking parts of my bed upstairs. I puff loudly as I bring the last piece of my bed up. Okay now just to assemble it...

"Stupid brain! Stupid screws! Stupid bed!" I hit my head against my pillow.

"Why does doing stuff have to be so hard!" I groan frowning at my half completed bed. My head turns as I hear a knock come from my front door. I stand up slowly peeking out of my room. I tip toe down my stairs trying to see if I could make out who the person was behind my marble glass that was on either side of the door. As I go to the front door I suddenly feel twelve again. I had the temptation to crawl around the house and pretend I wasn't home. But a time has come where I actually have to be an adult and answer the door. I grip the handle before opening the door to reveal Patrick.

"Patrick?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Hey" He awkwardly smiles.

"How did you know where I lived?" I ask confused.

"Well you said you were new to the neighbourhood and this is the only sold house in the past few streets so I just guessed" He shrugs.

"Oh I um... Would you like to come in?" I question. I step to the side allowing him in. He looks to the ground then around the door before stepping inside.

"There's not much around, I still need to unpack and buy some more stuff... I'm just putting my bed together but I'm finding it much more difficult than I thought" I awkwardly laugh.

"I can help you if you'd like?" Patrick offers. I look up at him unsure but I finally nod, showing him upstairs.

------

"No way" Patrick laughs as he helps me put the mattress on the now completed bed.

"Way, but the pizza man totally had it coming" I snort remembering funny times. We place the mattress down before lying on top.

"So what made you want to move to North Lapstone? It sounds like such fun back at Beacon Hills" Patrick asks sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Well... I wanted to start fresh... Get away from everything... You know?"

"Surprisingly I do" He mumbles leaning on his hands. I sigh softly looking around my new room.

"I, ugh, actually need to go out and get myself something to have for dinner" I speak up standing as Patrick stands also.

"Of course. It was nice meeting you Marzia" He smiles. I look down to see a screw driver at my feet.

"Oh you don't have to leave-" I say bending down to get screwdriver.

"Right now...." I whisper looking around noticing he was gone. How did he do that? Like... I can do that because of my werewolf reflexes but he's not a werewolf. I would have been able to pick up a scent. But I didn't... I shake my head trying to distract my mind. Let's see what this town has to offer in terms of something to eat.

Booo what a boring chapter

don't worry it gets spicey soon (;

Don't forget to Vote

Comment

and Follow!! xx