Chapter Fifty-Five

"Why can't you stay home tonight?" Derek asks walking out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Because I promised a friend I would go out with them for a drink" I say as I save what I had of my essay done.

"But we could stay home and... fuck?" Derek suggests as I laugh.

"No, we can do that when I get back. Besides, I won't be gone for long" I state getting up and getting out a pair of black skinny jeans.

"I guess I'm just not used to being in a such a quiet neighbourhood. Maybe I could go for a walk later" Derek says to himself. I change into my black jeans then grab a red crop top from the cupboard before sliding it on.

"I'll try to be home by nine" I tell him as I look at the time being seven already.

"Alright, have fun. Love you" He says kissing my cheek. I grab my bag before going to the car and driving to Mystic Grill. As soon as I walked in, I could see Theo sitting in a booth, with a drink in hand.

"Hey" I smile say to him.

"Hey you made it!" He grins. I watch as he signals someone over finishing off what was left of his drink.

"Hey could I get a pure blonde and for you?" Theo says before turning his attention to me.

"Oh um... A rum and coke" I smile at the man.

"It won't take long" He states walking off.

"I'm so glad you came; you look beautiful" Theo comments.

"Thanks... I'm glad I came too" I admit to him. The two of us order four more drinks, talking about funny memories and our plans to the future. I was quite surprised that Theo wasn't drunk nor tipsy. Either he can handle his double powered drinks, or, I don't know.

"Hey, order me another drink, I'll be back in a minute" I grin at him as I run off to the bathroom. I felt like my bladder was burning from all the liquid that was inside of me. Never have I felt such satisfaction as I finally get to the toilet. Once finished, I wash my hands then look at my reflection. I rub underneath my eyes, getting rid of the flaked mascara. I look down at my clothes, brushing off any dust there was on my pants. I check myself one more time before finally deciding to get back to Theo.

"Ah thank you" I smile as I get back to Theo and see a drink in front of me.

"No problems. So, care to finish the story about the security guard at a pub you went to?" He asks as I take a sip of my drink.

--- -- -- --- -- -- --- --

"Okay, no! No! you twisted the words around!" I laugh hysterically.

"But you said you watched clown porn!" He snorts.

"No! I said I was dared to watch it for five dollars! There's a difference!" I laugh so hard I begin to cry. I haven't felt like this for ages. I actually felt... Drunk?

"Okay fine. Does it count if you don't get money?" He asks.

"What!" I giggle.

"Like, I was dared to do something and I wasn't offered money, but I did it anyway"

"I suppose" I slur.

"But... Why do it... Why...? Why do it when you're not... paid... When you're not going to get paid..." I repeat myself without me meaning to.

"You okay? You feeling a little dizzy?" He questions.

"Just a little" I snort using my fingers to indicate how little it was.

"Let's get out of here" Theo states grabbing a hold of me and taking me past everyone in the pub. I smile to myself as I breathe in the cool air.

"You know what?! You know what... I think..." I say as I begin to mumble feeling the urge to sleep.

"That's nice Marzia" Theo mutters before everything fades out into darkness.