Chapter Thirty-One

"I feel so bad, what do I do?" I groan to Darcy who sits on her bed 'thinking'. The two of us had just been to class and throughout my lecture, I couldn't keep my mind straight. All I could think about is what I did to Derek and how insensitive I was.

"It's only been three days" She states.

"Yeah three days of no calling, no texting no nothing! I feel terrible. I must have really hurt him Darcy I-"

"Marzia calm down. He's a big boy and won't stop your friendship just because you ran out on him" She says to me.

"Still! Like you would have thought he might of texted me because he wanted to make sure I was okay you know?" I wonder around our dorm room.

"Then why don't you call him? Go over to his place? Actually give him an answer" Darcy suggests.

"Because he might be mad at me and besides I can't give him an answer because I don't know what that answer is! I don't like him in that way Darcy" I object. She folds her arms staring up at me like I was a complete moron.

"You're kidding right? Stop denying yourself Marzia. You like him! You wouldn't be complaining to me right now if you didn't. I can tell you like him, everyone can. You may not see it or you may be too scared to admit it but you've liked him ever since day one. Give him a chance. He's not that bad" She comments as I sit on my bed.

"Oh Darcy I don't know what to do" I put my hands in my head.

"Start by pushing away those negative thoughts and just listen to your heart. Cliché I know, but you have to let go of all that negativity from your past. You need to let go" She says. I sigh deeply looking over to my phone.

"What if he hates me now?"

"He doesn't hate you" She states.

"But-"

"Marzia" She eyes me. I gulp loudly having my mind run through every scenario I could think of. I pick up my phone ringing him with all my nerves trying to stop me. As I hear the rings of the phone echo through my ear I begin to feel unsettled. My heart drops as I hear his voicemail start. I pull the phone away looking over to Darcy.

"He didn't answer... He really does hate me" I whisper.

"Well it is six, maybe he went out to buy some dinner and forgot his phone?" Darcy mumbles.

"Don't be stupid... I fucked up and that's that." I mutter lying on my bed. I hear Darcy sigh before getting up.

"Listen, I'm going to go out and get something to eat. Do you want to come or...?"

"No I'm fine" I say. I listen to her collect her things before leaving me in the quiet room. I roll up into a ball thinking about how I reacted when he asked me. How could I of been so dumb? So... blind. I can't even believe myself now. How upset I'm getting over one person. I groan as I roll around on my bed. How do you deal with these things called...? feelings? What do I do? Do I feed it? Do I have to read something? How do I stop myself from remembering the stupid mistakes I made? I don't know what to do! I grab my phone distracting myself with an online book I've been reading. I hadn't realized how long I had been reading until a caller ID pops up on screen. Scott?

"Hello?" I answer it.

"Hey Marzia I need your help" Wait, that wasn't Scott.

"Darcy?" My voice cracks as I try to figure out what's happening.

"This might be really confronting and confusing but you need to go to Allison's house and wait out the front for Scott. Then you need to come to the vet. I'll text you the address" She explains as I balance the phone between my shoulder and ear as I slide my black Doc Martens on over my leggings.