Chapter Forty-Eight

As I wake the next morning I noticed my pillow was stained with the tears I shed last night. I probably woke the whole neighbourhood with my wailing. I just don't know how to deal with all these emotions. I usually push it out all into anger but I'm not angry about this. I'm sad, upset, distraught. I sit up feeling rested yet my eyes sting like crazy. I walk into my bathroom, staring at the mess of a reflection. I wipe under my eyes putting on a thin layer of foundation on. I get changed into some black jeans and white shirt with a light black jacket over the top. I grab my wallet and keys along with a folder full of documents. I leave the house driving down the streets in search for the university. After twenty minutes I decide to look it up on my phone.

Low Battery

Ah! You have got to be kidding me! I groan loudly turning back around and heading back to my place. Before turning down my street, I turn left then down a few more streets until I was out the front of Patrick's. I get out walking to the front door. As I knock I begin to have double thoughts on what I was going to do. I turn around looking at their long driveway. The door suddenly opens as I turn around to see a young boy standing there.

"Can I help you?" He asks me.

"Yeah um, is Patrick in?" I question him.

"Yeah" He nods standing to the side allowing me in. I hesitatingly step inside following the young boy who seemed to be Patrick's brother.

"Patrick" He calls out as we enter a large living room.

"What is it Adam? I've told you once, I've told you twice I'm not-" Patrick says but stops when he sees me.

"Ah Marzia... What brings you here" He smirks walking up to me as Adam leaves.

"I need your help" I whispers rubbing my arms up and down.

"With?"

"With finding the university" I look down at my feet feeling somewhat embarrassed.

"Of course my dear" He grins getting his leather jacket. We leave his home going to my car.

"Now get onto the main road and keep going until the first set of lights" He orders as I start the car and drive.

"Thank you for all this" I say as I turn onto the main road.

"It's no problem honey" He replies as I turn left at the first set of lights.

"Okay, turn right at the end of this road then right again." He instructs as I do so.

"There's a lot of turns needed to be taken" I comment.

"Yeah, it's really hidden away" Patrick adds on.

"Left here and then just head down the second driveway" He says as we reach the driveway in which we turn into. I pull into the driveway parking at the car park found at the end of the road.

"I'll be right back" I say ready to leave.

"Marzia wait" He stops as I turn back to him. He rubs his thumb under my eye before smiling happily.

"Perfect" I look down before softly smiling exiting the car. I go to the office giving them my documentation.

"We look forward to having you here" The elderly woman smiles as I nod. I exit the building walking back to the car to see Patrick playing around on his phone.

"How did it go?" He asks as I get into the car.

"Good, I'm excited to come here" I smile starting the engine.

"You should be, it's a good college" He comments as I nod.

--- -- -- -- --

"Thanks again for coming with me today" I say as I pull out the front of his place.

"It was my pleasure. Did you want to come in for a bit?" Patrick asks me.

"I um..."

"It's the least I can do as I've been over to your place" he adds on before I nod. I follow him down his driveway and into his huge home.

"It's very old fashion" I comment.

"Yeah, it's hundreds of years old. Passed down through generations." He explains as we walk into his large living room, taking a seat on an old fashion couch.

"It's really beautiful in here" I comment leaning back on the lounge, feeling somewhat relaxed in here.

"I know it's none of my business but... Who was that person last night?" He asks me suddenly causing my heart to sink.

"That was... That was my ex..." I mutter looking down.

"I thought it may have been an ex or something... Are you okay? Like... You seemed really upset when he showed up" He questions looking worried even though we met three days ago.

"We've been through a lot... So having to push him away like that does leave some mental scars but... I need to get away from all that" I tell him. I don't know why I am I just felt the need to.

"When you mean you've been through a lot you mean..."

"I mean both good and bad. You see, we already had a thing going on between us for a really long time before we actually started dating and... You probably don't care" I shake my head awkwardly laughing at myself.

"Of course I care... Please do go on"

"Well... Once we started dating I don't know, it just got really intense from there. A lot of things happened which I as usual, blamed myself for. He probably won't accept it but I do believe he is better off without me." I explain as I play around with my phone.

"Well if you want my opinion, I don't think he will ever accept the fact you're the one to blame. I sure as hell wouldn't" Patrick states staring down at me.

"I should probably go... Thanks for letting me in" I say standing, rubbing my arms up and down.

"No thank you for coming in" He smiles showing me to the front door. I leave his house having my mind go over what just happened. I don't know why I told him what I did. He's just so easy to talk to. And maybe it's good for me to get everything off my chest. If only I could tell him I'm werewolf... But I don't want what happened in Beacon Hills to happen here. For hunters to come after me.