"Let's take a long walk around the park after dark. Find a spot for us to spark conversation, verbal elation, simulation."~ Jill Scott

Chresanto followed me in his car to the place I used to come to all the time with Grandpa Bo and Daddy. Now I make it my business to come here when I can. Langston park is dead to people around here only because the city refuses to build a new play area for kids. Some of the trees fell on it because of an earthquake. They just let the park go to shit.

It was a food truck up the block from the park so I waited for Chresanto to get out with Roxie and walk with me there. When we got there Mr. James greeted me with a huge smile. This man watched me grow up on Saturdays and fed me well. Always gives me more than what I paid for.

"If it isn't offspring of the dream couple. How you been baby girl? Don't tell me nothing that ain't got nothing to do with you either." He had his head sticking out the pick up window.

"Hi, Mr. James. I'm fine. Ain't nothing too major going on with me. How's the wife?" I asked him.

"Sitting pretty everyday." He looked from me to the nigga next to me with the dog. "You with her?"

"I'm just buying him some food for helping me out Mr. James. No need for another snitch to tell my father what I'm doing." I protested against the idea of me and Chresanto ever getting that involved with each other.

"I'm a grown ass man, baby girl. What y'all want its on the house since you haven't been to see me in a while." Mr. James took out his note pad moving over to the ordering window where the menu was around it.

"Lemme get a muthafucking uuhuhhh..."

"Son, what you want since she wanna play games?" Mr. James stuck his big ass hand out and mushed my head.

"Can I get a hamburger sub with everything on it?" He asked.

"Hots and fries cool with you?" Chresanto nodded and grabbed on to Roxie's collar. "Gi, you want what your daddy be getting or you still on the season diet?"

"Whatever you feel like making. Can I get some pepsi too though? Oh and I want some sauce on my onion rings."

"Greedy." Mr. James gave us our pepsi's and me my onion rings. We sat at a near by bench until our food was ready.

I fed Roxie an onion ring that had the most sauce on it. Chresanto was on his phone mostly while we waited. I didn't have any problem with that either.

I heard Mr. James call me. I ran to that damn truck for my food. I was finished eating those onion rings that save lives. Hands done the best part about living in Langston. Food was on point and never failed to disappoint. I know when someone isn't from here if they work in a restaurant. Langston food is the best next to North Carolina and couple of other places.

We walked to the park with our containers in our hands. Roxie walked ahead of us like she knew where I was leading us to. I picked the bench that basically looked over the entire park. We sat down and dug in. Mr. James knows me he gave me extra sauce on the ribs like thank you so much.

I didn't want us to just listen to each other smacking. I want to be nosy and ask but then again that's his business.

"What happened to her?" I asked with my mouth half full.