"I hope I ain't calling you too late, too late." ~ Rihanna

I sat in my first official practice annoyed. These girls think I was just handed this position as starting guard for my daddy's image. He has nothing to do with women's basketball. I play because this is what I love. I play because it's really all I know how to do. I know that I could be an artist or something other than this but why not try to do what I love.

Coach was giving out drills that I've been running by myself since I was in middle school. Not because my father showed me but because I knew to be better than he was I was going have to train differently. I may have slacked the last couple of years, still doesn't mean I can't do shit. These girls were assholes for no reason. I was doing cross steps next to this blonde and she charged me. If I'm not mistaken we weren't  in a circle nor were we practicing guarding, bitch.

I fell hard on my ass from that charge. I did what I knew best. I got my ass right the fuck back up and charged the white bitch right back.  She caught my arm making me go down with her but she wasn't about to get a hit in on me. I may be small but I can sure as hell can hold my own.

"Bitch get off me." She yelled.

I hit her square in her fucking jaw. This heffa got the right one. Freshmen ignition my ass. I kept hitting her until I finally heard Coach yelling at me to get off of her. I got up still standing over this bitch.

"Showers now, Lopez."

I shrugged my shoulders stripping out of my practice jersey. I didn't bother taking a shower I'll do it when I get to my dorm. The last three days I've sat in meetings being singled out because of the person that did it all before me.

When I got back to my dorm I was patiently waiting once again for him to call me. He said he'd call me after every practice that I have and I just thought he'd call me after this one so I can rant about what these hoes are doing. Their lucky I haven't called Ida back here because it'd be a whole lot of ass whoopings coming for these hoes.

I decided to call Ida Mae because I doubt I'll hear from my boyfriend any time today.

"Wassup Gi, who I need to fight?" She said answering the phone.

"Ida, I already fought one bitch. What is with people thinking I'm my father. I can't catch a break. High school is better than this shit."

"What these bitches do, I just need they names and what they look like because they got the wrong motherfucking one. Where the hell my sweatpants at?" I could heard her opening and closing draws in her dresser.

If that's one thing I love about her is that she is always ready to get at somebody for me.

"Ida Mae, thank you but hopefully the rest of them learn that I'm not here because of who gave me life and that I made it on my own." I sighed.

"Man, if I was you I'd be in jail right now. How is college life though. The niggas is bomb or just plain old nah?"

"I don't be looking at them. I'm not interested."

Hearing her gasp made me laugh, "Are you sick? Gi, college niggas are bomb as fuck. You need good dick in your life to deal with these hating hoes. Speaking from experience here."

"Girl, don't nobody need to know about your nasty relations with my uncle. That shit is just ew. And aren't you with Lik? Where he at anyway?"

They finally got back together the week of prom and not Last Saturday like Malik wanted it to be. He came to visit me that night after he said that Ida wasn't paying him no attention at the party. I told him just be real with her and maybe, just maybe she'll consider getting back into something with him. To be honest, their relationship wasn't even a relationship. They were just using each other for sex and a title for when they didn't want to sleep with the next person.