chres

"If you see my tears just let me be, move along nothing to see."~ J. Cole

Avoiding work that my father told me to do was my specialty. I can spend the rest of my life working underneath a hood of a car. I will be content with it also. There was more than enough people in this place so that I can do the legit work.

It was mostly tune ups, tire changes, and oil changes but I was doing them all in a timely manner. It had my mind off of what could be happening to me if we would've stayed in Chicago. Not to mention Georgia. That girl got a hold on me even though she's indecisive, annoying, smart mouthed, witty at times, doesn't know if she really wants what the hell I have to offer, and she's annoying without trying to be.

"Are you going to stare at it or are you going to fix it, doughboy?" I turned around to see none other than Georgia Lopez standing there with her arms crossed and an irritated look on her face.

"You look lovely today. I see you found a flat iron and some clothes." I smirked taking in her long hair and maxi dress she wore effortless.

"Thank you for the compliment but I didn't come here for you to stare at my piece of shit car all damn day. Fix it now so I can get the fuck out of this smelly ass garage. It smells like weed." She fanned herself like it was really hot in here.

Some of the workers laughed at her and me. I mean mugged all of them and they got right back to what they were doing. I told one of the older guys to work on it while I grabbed Georgia's hand. I took us straight to my office and lock the door incase anybody wants to interrupt me. Not like they're known to do that, I like being alone when I'm here anyway.

"Why the fuck am I in here?" She rolled her eyes making sure to sit down on my desk with her legs crossed.

"You got a lot of mouth."

"So? You're not going to do anything about it." With the eye rolling and the neck looking like it was about to pop, she looked fine as hell sitting on my desk.

"Don't start anything you can't back up. I'm being nice enough as it is. You want me to take you out on a real date then I will do that for you. But don't come to my work place acting like you're about to have my child. I have people on my back already and I don't need you to tag along with them. Check yourself, Georgia because I have no problem whatsoever checking you if you can't do it your damn self." The more I spoke the closer I came to her. Our faces were inches apart from each other yet mine was pushed away.

"My bad, doughboy. I'm just frustrated. I'm sorry. And you don't get to talk about my appearance when you look like you could be on Stanford and Son. Okay? Back it up, sir." Georgia laughed while getting off of my desk. I wanted her to stay there so I could have her at eye level.

"It's been two weeks." I took her place leaning on my desk.

"I know. I've been without a car for two weeks. No car. No tutoring." She shrugged walking in front of the flatscreen that showed the garage and the money room. "So, Chresanto you never told me what you do exactly."

"I didn't know I had to."

Georgia glanced at me over her shoulder. I only told one person exactly what I was about and she ended up dead because of it. I don't want the same for her. I know what Malik tells me as well as what Peanut comes by and reports without my asking.

She's not out there like other girls. Goes to school, goes to practice if there's practice, goes over either Malik's or Ida's house, goes home, and goes to community service wether it be tutoring or with her mother. Peanut goes to her father's art center sometimes and he says she helps him out by sneaking him some type of charcoal for lines.

Daughter's Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें