"It just got warm out, this the shit I've been warned 'bout."~ Chance the Rapper

Uncle Bryson's girlfriend looked like shit to be honest. She tried smiling at me when he woke me up but she failed at it. She's pretty though. Crying didn't suit her but she's cute for him. She had twist in her hair and all black on. She must have just came back from a funeral.

I gave them their privacy despite the fact that I was still tired. I was rubbing my eyes while I was walking out so everything was still fuzzy. My hair probably was all over the place and my dress had been replaced with some leggings and a long light blue t-shirt.

"You look like shit." Malik said as I sat down between him and Chresanto.

I said nothing, I held up my middle finger. I don't feel like talking about anything right now.

"So you can't speak to nobody?" I rolled my eyes because clearly niggas thought they can talk to me any old type of way.

I finally looked at the third person in the common area and felt the blood rush from my face. He had that same ugly grin on his face he had that night at the movies.

Why is he talking to me? I want nothing to do with his ass. He thinks he can touch me and we met like an hour before. He does realize I'm not even legal yet. I have a whole year and a half until that happens.

"Hi." I tried to sound cold and rude but it was no use. He kept looking at me.

Chresanto and Malik were too into the game they were playing to pay attention. I moved closer to Chresanto to feel a little better about being prayed on by a pervert but it wasn't me feel any better.

"Cousin." Monty said.

"What nigga?" Chresanto looked at Monty for a brief second and got shot in the game. Now he's dead and out of it because of him.

"She yours?" He pointed to me like I was a dog or something.

"She got a name. Don't talk like that to her again neither or else we gon have a problem Monty." Chresanto became really defensive over me really quickly.

I like it.

"Unc know about you being up here? With her at that?" Monty asked.

"No, what you about to snitch on me? My shit is handled. You on the other hand been slacking. Everything you do goes through me first or have you forgot that? I cover for your dumbass well enough. Monty don't play with me or next time you come up short I'm not gonna put out extra money for your food." Chresanto was giving him that dead stare he gives when he's about to blow up.

I only seen that stare twice. Each time I made sure to keep my distance from him but I couldn't this time. I curled up next to him even more. I was damn near in his lap.

"You wouldn't." Monty said in disbelief.

"Try me and find out." Chresanto shrugged.

He got up off the couch pulling me up with him. I had no problem going with Chresanto wherever he was going. I grabbed my Nike slippers out of Uncle Bryson's room and the key to get back in the building.

Chresanto was out in the hall waiting for me. We said nothing on the way down the stairway. I hope he carries me back up here. If I have to walk up them, then I won't go back to the dorm until we leave.

We continued to walk in silence around the campus. I fixed my hair out of awkwardness.

For some reason this school had like a mini farm. With legit chickens, horses, a cow, and some other animals I believe don't belong on farms or in zoos. But they did. Me and Chresanto were staring at them on the field.