"I wonder what would happen if we went back and put up a fight." ~ Zara Larsson ft MNEK

Walking through the doors I felt brand new. Ida was on my right hold a small box that probably had all of my trinkets in it. Malik was on my left struggling to hold a tote full of books I told him to put on the cart that I was pushing. Let him want to be mucho man in front of a bunch of girls he can't have. I'm starting a new chapter in my life.

No more worrying if my father is going to be there to ruin it like he did with my prom. The man insisted on being my date since he thought nobody was suitable enough for me. But now he defiantly has to let my leash go.

College. Took me years to get here. UW wasn't my first choice but Uncle Bryson said that I would love it. He didn't even go here but would spend his weekends with Nesha here. I was surprised they lasted this long. The past Thanksgiving I thought she was going to cut his head off the way she was staring at him. Uncle Bryson almost lost out on her to be honest.

"Awwww, my niece growing up." He came walking past the three of us with nothing in his hands. "I remember putting you in car seats, going on trips, and dragging you on your blanket in the upstairs hallway."

"Oh my-will you help?!" I rammed the cart to the back of his heel.

"Not after that." He limped to the elevator pressing the up button. I was damned if I slept in the basement floor. That was a hell no for me.

Ida was all to quiet helping me. Normally she'd find something to complain about. Malik all he did was complain. Nobody was listening to him though.

When we finally got to my room everyone else, Mommy, Daddy, Grandpa Bo, Grandma Ashley, Uncle Cole, and Nesha, was already in there setting my bed up and moving things around. I was lucky to have my own room. If I had to get a roommate then it would have been hell of problems. For instance everybody knows I let my room get to the point of no return. I don't want to get into arguments because of a overly clothed area in the room.

There was little talking coming from Ida. Everyone else was talking and laughing about the things I used to do as a child or high school. But she was just setting up my desk all quiet.

"Can everybody just stop talking she only gone be gone for like three damn months." Ida yelled causing everyone to look at her. "Damn she coming back."

Ida looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "You coming back, right?"

I pulled her into my arms. My best friend for life is crying crocodile tears. I didn't know what else to do.

"I'm coming back soon as I can Ida Mae. I'll be back for Thanksgiving and Winter break. You can call me anytime you want. FaceTime me all that good shit okay?" I started crying with her.

A pair of arm snaked around the both of us. I just knew it was Malik. I knew he was upset about me picking an out of state college too but he always said that once I get the chance to leave I better take it.

"I'ma miss ya big headed ass Gi. For real." He sniffled.

"I'ma miss y'all."

One by one everyone joined in on the hug.

"Think y'all should just go home. I can finish everything else." I sighed looking around at everything I brought.

I'm going to have a hard time taking all this shit back home where my room looks bare as hell now. If I could paint these walls then I would. Just to make it feel like home.

"Baby girl we're proud of you." Grandpa Bo kissed my forehead giving me a personal hug.

Grandma Ashley kissed my cheek like a dozen times before she hugged me tightly. "Remember what I said, alright, sweetheart. College niggas a different type of level of nigga."