"Your goodbye left me with eyes that cry." ~ Billie Holiday

I got up early for no reason. My mother talked my father out of killing the boy I no longer acknowledge. I spent a total of three days crying about him. It was time I got a hold of myself and show the fuck out like I planned on doing since ninth grade.

I went downstairs not caring about waking my parents up. I needed to run. It was unhealthy for my mother to do it because she was on so many medications. She got tired easily so she would push herself so much. My father was the one to stop her from running. But they weren't going to stop me. I was stressed from head to toe and running was the only way I was going to relieve it.

I had on some black track shorts that had white lining in them and a sports bra that was all black with a Nike logo. I had running shoes on but they're old so I wouldn't be able to tell anyone where the hell I got them or what brand they were. Probably the thrift store.

"Georgia, it's too early for you to be up baby." My mother yawned as she came into the kitchen.

"I'm going for a run, Ma."

She eyed me before she shook her head. The coffee maker was already making her brew. She just stood there patently waiting for it to be enough to fill up her mug.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked just before I tried to make an exit out the back door.

"There's nothing to talk about. He doesn't want to deal with me. What done is done." I sighed.

I slid the door back closing it because I knew she was going to have more to say.

"Baby, I know what you're feeling. And I can't tell that it's going to just go away. I noticed that you were doing more than you were before with him, other than sports. You smiled more, you didn't have that mug on that you inherited from your father. Just give yourself some time. Everything will work itself out." She tried to smile at me but I just stared at her. "Me and your father had to take a break while we in college and that was good for us. We found ourselves."

"I'll be back in an hour. Then I'm going to Ida's to get ready for Last Saturday." I said leaving out.

I didn't have time to worry about her and my father's relationship anymore. I don't care about finding love. I'll be fine without it.

One foot in front of the other. One, two, three, four, breathe. Speed up, slow down. My pacing was always off. I don't care though as long as I get where I want to be. Everything around me was blocked out. Including the people that were on the trail. I didn't notice I was running head on into someone. When my ass hit the ground all my oxygen left my body.

I was trying to get up quickly but hands that were big as shit made me stay down. Looking up at the very last person I wanted to ever see was holding me. I swatted his hands away wanting to kick him where it hurts.

"Get the hell off of me." I said getting up by myself but my ankle hurt like hell.

"Georgia you can't even stand up properly. Lemme help." He said.

I stood in excruciating pain, "I don't need help for someone who never gave a fuck about me."

I limped away from him but he was right there next to me trying to help.

"You don't believe that. Just saying that because you're mad at me. And I'm sorry." He stopped me, blocking my way each time I tried to get around him.

"I do believe it. Every single fucking word. Move." I said through gritted teeth.

His face was unreadable. I can't remember ever seeing his face like this and he has a plenty of faces he makes throughout the day. I can't help it but I do it every time I see him. I watch him with the nastiest glare I can. Other than that I can't get over looking at him. A face structure to perfection, I think. Someone I thought I could eventually bring home to my parents. Someone who wanted to really be with me and not fuck me. I heard rumors about boys only trying to get with me to get me pregnant. But none of them were involving him.