Intro, Disclaimers + Teaser

Hello everyone! If you're new here this intro will seem perfectly normal. If you've been here before, yes this is a new intro.

For so long I've had to look at cringey 16 year old me's panicked intro to this story so I've decided to change it.

I got sucked into the Batfam fandom when I was 16 and was completely and utterly obsessed for at least 2-3 years. And me being me, I needed a place to vent it and bam, this fic was born.

When I wrote this I didn't know everything, I loved what I already knew and just wanted to write about something I loved. I didn't read the comics but I rewatched the shows and played the games. Not everything will be accurate to the comics/to the shows but it's fanfic, what did you expect?

This fic is not beta read or edited for grammar mistakes bc I was studying GCSEs at the time and was short on spare time for editing. I tried to use italics for dreams, flashbacks, radio etc things like that and authors notes are always in bold.

The TW for this book is that mentions of depression and self harm are included as well as swearing/bad language and violence. But it's a Batfam fic, so I assume you expect some of this.

The only characters I have creative claim over are my OCs, Robin and Charlie as well as their classmates. The rest belong to their respective owners. I apologise if this fic has OOC moments, but again I didn't know everything and I used my creative flair to fill the gaps.

I hope you do enjoy reading this and I appreciate all the love and comments that you post on this fic (even if I cringe everytime I re-read any of it 😂). I see this fic as a way of viewing how my writing has changed, particularly when I started this in high school and now I've got a Bachelors degree in Creative Writing.

Story Finished: 23/07/2018

Anyway sorry for my rambling, here's the teaser I promised.

Lizzy :)

Robin's POV

My name is Robin Aywne (ay-wun), my friends call me 'Rob' for short, I'm 15 years old, and I'm adopted. I live in England, Oxford although apparently I have a rather American accent. My adoptive mother found me when I was a year old and has since taken full custody of me. She saved my life that day, and for that I am grateful. [What Robin looks like ⬇️⬇️⬇️]

It was the same day everyday, get up go to school, go home

It was the same day everyday, get up go to school, go home. I awoke at 6:30 my phone alarm causing me unwanted annoyance. It was a Monday morning which made everything worse, but either way my little, black and grey striped kitten Nightwing was there beside me to cheer me up. "Hey buddy" I said gently stroking his small frame as he rubbed at my face.