34

Robin's POV
When I awoke I was in my room again, the faint shadow of tears marked on my face, my eyes a crimson red. Once examining my room with my full attention and not the sleepy one I owned earlier, I found that Damian was slept curled up beside me, the kitten Nightwing tucked in with him. Dick was slept in a chair at the end of the bed, his head resting on his hand. His natural self asleep was all too heart warming for me, his hair which still fell perfectly to my eyes while my brain knew it was messy, but its own imperfect style made it seem even more adorable. I still wondered if it was all a dream, if the moment in the treehouse never occurred, but the small smile Dick still had on his face while sleeping proved otherwise and yet while my head punished me, my heart beated rapidly and steady like a drum.

I decided to not sit up and instead stay still, staring up at the ceiling, bathing in my thoughts with a mind which threatened me with tears once again. Nightwing the kitten stirred and crawled over my younger brother's arms to rest next to my head as he usually did, his small purrs a comforting sound as they expressed the little ball of fur's cuteness and innocence as he cried that I was home. "Thanks buddy" I whispered to him. I moved my hand from my side and up to his head to tickle him under the chin and scratch behind his ears. He seemed happy and his blue eyes sparkled in the dim light of my room.

"Good morning" a cheerful, half asleep voice called out softly. I traced it back across to the chair where Dick was and he was sat there now, half awake. "I'm glad you're home, home with me" he added, a small yawn escaping his mouth as he got up and stretched. His blue eyes were still as mesmerising as usual, the soothing colour of his eyes were a sea of calm and excitement for my heart. He walked over to Damian and moved my brother to a beanbag, carefully covering him with a warm blanket. Nightwing the kitten also followed Damian in close pursuit and curled up beside my little brother once again. This allowed me more freedom to move and Dick could now lay with me on the bed instead of the chair. He lied down and turned onto his side so he could face me before closing his eyes again. I assumed he was going back to sleep so I thought I should probably leave him alone, but his arm came across me and he pulled me closer to him.

Once I'd turned to face him, he opened his eyes again. "Your eyes are beautiful, even after you've been crying, the tears add the extra glossy coat to your warming hazel eyes making them sparkle like stars, you know that right" he said quietly. I didn't know what to say, if I should tell him that his eyes were just as gorgeous as he thought mine were. He pulled me closer to him again and I was pressed up against him, my head on his chest and his arm tight around my waist. I could feel his muscle through his shirt and it was hard to fight the temptation of running my hands along his defined chest. I could smell his cologne now too, mixed in with his soap and the hypnotising smell of him which made me feel at ease.

I looked up at him and he looked back, a warm smile on his face. "You make me crazy for you Robin Wayne" he said even quieter, as he played with my hair. I put my hand onto his cheek and looked into his eyes again. "I've always been crazy for you Dick Grayson. You make me feel safe and make my heart race while you do it" I replied sleepily. He smiled and kissed my forehead before we curled up with each other, our arms wrapped around one another tightly, as we both feared it would be torn away from us at any moment. We settled quickly and Dick was still smiling with his eyes closed, I could hear his heartbeat as my head laid on his chest, and it was that beating which soothed me to sleep.

The next time I awoke my room was empty. The bed beside me was cold, as if Dick had never been there in the first place. Damian was gone, but it was no surprise at this time in the morning. Still the same routine I see. I sat up and stretched my arms outwards, before swinging my legs over the side of the bed and getting up. I went to my bathroom and had a quick shower before changing and heading downstairs. I had picked up my phone from my bedside table and I scrolled through it as I walked down the many stairs. I had a few messages from Charlie asking me what I was doing, and moaning how I hadn't called her recently. I smiled and began to type a message in reply, but before I could type another word, I lost my footing and my feet slipped underneath me. I braced for impact only to be caught by Jason. "Watch where you're going Rob" he said as he stabilised me. I looked down as he helped me up. Every time I saw them a flash of them beaten and broken appeared in my mind. "Thanks" I mumbled and I hurriedly began walking away.