46

Dick's POV
I laughed as Robin turned around and scowled at the lovesick couple behind us. "I swear to god if you two are gonna be like this all day, I'm gonna cancel this whole thing" she protested against them. "Aww Rob please, don't ruin it" Charlie pleaded. "It's fine Charlie, we can do whatever we want, she's not the boss of us" Jason remarked. "Jason I planned this date, plus I've never seen her out on a date ever" Charlie spoke, pointing towards Robin. "I'm not missing this opportunity for the world" she finished, much to Jason's annoyance. He sighed and shrugged his shoulders, "fine, as long as that idiot," he was now pointing at me, "doesn't spoil it like he always does" he firmly stated.

I threw my hands up in defence and Robin looked from me to Jason. "Don't be such a kid Jay, it's just a little date, or can't you take it?" She teased, purposely getting on his nerves. "If I heard correctly it's you who can't handle a little date Rob" Jason retorted dryly. "Now now kids lets not argue" I replied, stopping the pair. "I'll agree with Dick on that, c'mon Dick show me where the fancy restaurants are" Charlie announced. She pushed her way from between Jason and Robin, linked her arm in mine and started towing me ahead. I was a little confused at first, but laughed and continued with Charlie while we walked away from a rather confused looking Jason and Robin.

We detached our arms a short while later and I continued to walk with Charlie. "So where's this fancy restaurant?" She asked. "Two blocks down then right" I replied. "Is it good? Like have you been there before?" She began interrogating me. "Yes, but it was only for Bruce's business meeting" I replied. "So cool! Anyway since I'm here and Rob's hanging with Jason anything you wanna ask me about her? You know seeing as she's probably changed a bit" Charlie questioned. I took a moment to think about it, but realised I didn't know what I wanted to know about her, she was still similar to her old self, but with new parts of her included too.

"Does she still like bad puns and jokes?" I asked. "Yep she sure does! Anything else?" I thought again, but it didn't take as long as last time to think of a question. "Does she still do that thing where she giggles when she's trying to lie to someone?" I asked. "I don't think so, sounds like she grew out of that" Charlie replied. "But I mean she has to be an expert at lying now she's got to hide the fact she's not actually from my world" she added. It was weird to think that my world was just a fictional world to Charlie, yet hers wasn't even fiction in my own. Sometime I'd have to visit their world properly.

"Hey you two wait up!" Robin called from behind us, running away from Jason. She pushed between me and Charlie and quickly took my hand. "So where we going? Also Charlie take Jay back, I think he's bored of me" Robin said. I laughed, "it's okay it means you're all mine now" I said. "Oh no don't you start I'd had enough with those two flirting with each other" Robin joked as she beamed at me. We continued walking, me leading the way. The cars were rushing by us on the road, hastily making their way around the town. The sky was also a fairly clear blue which was dotted with clouds that allowed you to make some sorts of shapes from them. Robin must have also noticed, as just before we headed into the restaurant she cried out "that cloud looks like a chicken!" To which all four of us burst out laughing at her random remark, before we headed inside to get a table.

Luckily being close friends and family of Bruce Wayne had its perks and we were seated immediately in the best area of seating.  The table glittered under the low hanging chandelier, but the equally reflective cutlery and ornaments on the table also shimmered in the dimmer sunlight breaking through the windows. The restaurant itself was busy and the waiters rushed from table to table all while keeping their professionalism. The whole place seemed posh and perfect, exaggerating the high quality food and skilled employees. "This place is so amazing, I feel so out of place" Charlie exclaimed as she admired the interior. "You're telling me, you had to choose this place didn't you?" Jason added. "Well it was a double date, plus our first dates as couples, plus it's also like a welcome back day out for Rob" I explained. "He's right you know" Charlie said, backing me up because she had been anticipating this day for ages. "Well I think it's great, thanks Dickiebird" Robin said gratefully, kissing my cheek.