10

Dick's POV
What was I doing, thinking she'd remember it all after showing her the lock. I said it myself. Memories have to be unlocked, and I was only making her feel more and more guilt every time she saw me in pain. My fault, it's all my fault. "I'm off out for a bit, be back later" I said as I passed Bruce. "As Nightwing or as Dick?" He asked. "I'm going as me" I replied bluntly. I grabbed my jacket and walked out the house, I needed to get away for a bit.

I walked into Gotham and climbed my way up onto the rooftop. I sat looking over the city for awhile before turning to look at the moon. It shone brightly in the sky, a large contrast with the darkness of Gotham. I stared at it in attempt to clear my head and think of a new idea. I almost managed, but every time I came close to a clear head, Robin's face appeared in my own and I felt the hurt re-appear again.

Flashback ~ Dick aged 13, Robin aged 10
I was doing extra training in the gym practising my flips with Robin. "Hey Dick watch this!" Robin cried as she attempted to do five continuous flips. She only managed to do three as she miscalculated her height and landed weirdly on her feet, twisting an ankle. I dropped from the beam where I was stood and ran to her. "You okay?" I asked putting her arm around my shoulder, lifting her up. "Nope I'm gonna need ice, and lots of ice cream" she said as I walked her back to the living room "ice is easy, but ice cream we'll have to go buy" I replied. "No you'll buy the ice cream, I'm following up on that favour you owe me." She said. Okay yes I did owe her one. She did do my homework for me one time so I could go hang out with KF.

"What do you want then?" I asked. She looked thoughtful before answering, "either vanilla or cookie dough, either or both will be fine" she replied smiling. "Well let me go and get you some ice before I head out" I replied. She nodded and I went to go get her some ice for her ankle. I told Alfred to watch her, before grabbing my coat and shoes and going out to buy it for her. The stuff I'd do for my sister.

I smiled remembering the event and was about to head over to the cemetery when I got a phone call. "What's up?" I asked. "We can't find Robin" Bruce said. "What? What do you mean can't find her?" I asked. "We checked everywhere, every room." He replied. "I'll come back and get my suit then head out to look for her" I replied. "Dick, I know how you feel about her, but I don't think it's gonna help as she can't even remember her childhood let alone her bond with you, just let her figure it out on her own okay?" Bruce said.

Of course he knew, worlds greatest detective on the end of the phone. "Yeah, I get it. See you in 5" And with that I hung up and climbed down off the roof before running back to the manor. When I got there I changed into my suit and headed down to my bike in the Batcave. "Dick change of plans, we've got Bane, Freeze and Ivy trying to steal high tech weapon and defence system codes in three different places, I'm gonna need you with me." Bruce said, he was now dressed as Batman.

"But what about your daughter? You know Robin?" I said. "Jason's out looking for her, she'll be fine with him. He won't let her get hurt." Bruce said. I frowned because I knew he was right, although I wondered how he was so sure of trusting Robin around Jason. Even without Jason, Robin would manage. She's stronger than me. "Fine, where we going?" I said hopping onto my bike and picking up my helmet. "I'm going South side of Gotham" Tim said as he too prepped to leave. "Me and Damian have got the North, you get the East side" Batman said. I nodded and put on my helmet before getting on my bike, and drove out of the cave alongside the Batmobile and Tim on his own bike.

Robins POV
I was sat at the beach, as far away from as many people as possible. I didn't know what just happened, but I know it meant trouble. I was a problem.