13

Robins POV
We planned to try the memory thing out after presents and birthday cake, so now we were all gathered in the living room, myself at the center of everyone surrounded by presents and my family. "You guys didn't have to get me all this!" I said looking at all the various gifts. "But we did have to, plus I haven't seen you in 5 years, I've got 5 years of presents to catch up on" Dad said as he stood next to where I was sat on the floor.

I quickly jumped up to hug him before I began tearing the wrapping paper off my presents. From Jason I got a coal black cloak, Tim gave me a pocket sized hacking device, Damian gave me two katanas and Steph, Barbara and Cass got me a collection of clothes and accessories seeing as I had none here. That left dad and Dick.

Dick walked over and handed me an envelope. It was A5 in size and was quite bulky. Upon opening the envelope another envelope fell out. I took out the card and read it over carefully before placing it with the others. I opened the second envelope and on it read: 'I'm taking you out tonight, just me and you, Bruce has already approved it - D'
I smiled and got up and hugged him, "I can't wait" I whispered into his ear as we hugged, he hugged me tightly before letting me go, he had a huge smile on his face and mouthed back the words "me too".

All that was left now was my present from Dad. That's when an alarm sounded from Dad's watch, then from the other's. Something was up in town. I looked to Dad, I hoped he'd let the others solve it. I wanted him here, with me, like he said he would be. "It's alright we'll handle this, you guys can stay here" The girls said running off to suit up. I smiled and waved goodbye to them before going to my dad to get my present off him.

He held out a small box to me, I took it from his hands and took the lid off. Inside was a Robin symbol, it was made of silver and was on a small chain. "You are my official Robin" he said. "Can you put it on please" I said turning around and pulling my hair up. He placed it round my neck and I dropped my hair and turned back to him. "Perfect" I said smiling. "There's more than just that, Alfred show Robin to her room please" my dad said.

"Wait my room? I've got my own room?" I asked. Dad smiled, "yeah we put you between Dick and Jason's rooms seeing as the three of you seem to be pretty close" he added. I hugged my dad tightly again before excitedly following Alfred up the stairs. I followed him into my room, two walls were blue while the others were black. One of the black walls had stars painted on it along with a city skyline.

I had a plain blue double bed with black cushions along with a pale blue bedside table. My desk was black and littered with various gadgets while my wardrobe had gear stashed away for me also. "Master Dick chose the colours" Alfred said as he watched me explore my room from the doorway. I walked over to my bedside table and saw a red button. "What's this do?" I asked Alfred. "That's for you to find out" Alfred said smiling at my enjoyment.

I pressed the button prepared for something unexpected. Red buttons never normally meant good news. I watched as the button shone as the light inside it lit up, that's when the wall began moving and a panel moved to reveal a wall of weapons. "Let me guess, Jason?" I said while I examined the clean blade of two more katanas, placed at the center of the rack. "Indeed Miss" Alfred replied.

"This is amazing I-I-I-" I lost my words as an uncontrollable pain surged in my mind, it felt almost as if my own brainwaves were paralysing my thought process. "Miss Robin?" Alfred said. I tried to reply, but again was held back. I watched as Alfred came running over to me. "I apologise Miss" Alfred said as he plunged the needle into my skin forcing the sedative into my system. The feeling was like adding coolant to a nuclear reactor, rather it was my head and a sedative.

Jason's POV
I was stood downstairs as we all waited for Robin to come back down, Alfred came back down many minutes later, but without her. Dick realising this first asked "where's Robin?" "She asked to be left alone, to freshen up I believe" Alfred replied. Dick nodded and turned back to speaking with Bruce. It was a rather strange request at this time of day and when Alfred pulled me aside for a 'chat' I knew what had happened.