18

Jason's POV
Once Robin had gone, me and Damian spilt up and withdrew to our rooms ready to prepare. I grabbed my various guns before grabbing my red hood mask, once ready I slipped out the window and jumped on my motor bike, heading to Gotham Docks where I'd planned to meet Damian. We were following a lead on recent Joker sightings and actions, and apparently some people had seen him around the docks, obtaining something from one of the crates. We weren't sure wether it would help our situation in fixing what's wrong with Robin, but even then any chance I get at messing up Joker's plans the better. That clown had to pay someway, and now my revenge was even more than before. Not only will I kill him for killing me, but I will kill him for killing Robin's mum, who theoretically would've been my adopted mum.

When I arrived at the docks I cut the engine quickly and quietly moved the bike into the shadows. I snuck around to the control point and found Damian waiting for me. "You're finally here" he remarked. "Whatever, you seen anything while you've been up here?" I asked him, dismissing his attempt at aggravating me. He nodded, "there's a group of thugs near a section of crates to the left of the docks, Harley Quinn is also there" he stated. "Well that confirms that it's something for Joker. Let's go" I said. We both grappled away to different positions and sat waiting for the right time to strike.

I waited as I watched Harley pace up and down bellowing orders at the thugs as they slowly broke into the crates. "Get a move on boys, Mr J doesn't like waiting!" She shouted. The thugs seemed to move quicker as she shouted and I couldn't help laughing at their stupidness and worry as Harley Quinn threatened them. I wasn't scared of her. I gave Damian the signal and we both prepared for when Harley was next going to turn around, and walk away from the thugs. We had planned to grab Harley and ask her a few questions first, before interrogating a few thugs if we needed to, but initially Harley probably knew where The Joker actually was unlike the thugs.

When she turned, me and Damian sprung into action like bullets from the shadows, we grabbed Harley and silenced her screams, before we tied her up and began our conversation. "What's in the crates Harley?" I asked firmly. "I don't know, it's for Mister J" she replied in that annoying voice of hers. "Where's Joker" Damain said, now holding one of my blades to Harley's throat. "How would I know. Mister J moves around" she said. I could already hear the lies in her words as soon as she finished the sentence. "Don't lie Harley, where's Joker" I said, now slightly annoyed. She smiled and laughed, "why don't you just ask him yourself" she chirped. Just on cue two bullet shots rang through the air and ricocheted off of the shipping containers we were hidden amongst.

"Is bats still sending his bird boys? I thought he'd finish with them after I killed the second brat" Joker said laughing way too happily. He held two automatic pistols in his hands, one pointed to me, one pointed to Damian. I could see the fire and anger in Damian's eyes as he stood silently observing the Joker, and I too had a burning sensation inside of me, waiting for the well deserved revenge. I surveyed the situation only to find that there was no clear way we were going to win, we could only leave safely if we attempted an escape now before he fired more bullets.

The only problem was Damian was an assassin, the grandson of the demon, there was no way he would happily back away from this fight. So my second option was to allow Damian to take charge, providing backup and cover where needed. As much as I hated the fact that this kid was more skilled than me, if he got us out safely and with information it was worth it. "Robin, you lead this" I murmured so only he heard. He gave a slight nod and I saw a small smile appear on his face, his expression giving me the reply I needed "With pleasure".

As Damian leapt towards the Joker to disarm him, I covered Harley and also made sure that I had Damian's back. Robin would kill me if I let Damian get hurt and let's just say I wanted to be in her good books. Damian had managed to disarm Joker successfully, as his weapons dropped to the floor, however as they dropped, they fired by themselves, a customised installation to the guns being the cause. One gun realised a Joker toxin while the other combust into flames, the gas and fire being an unfortunate mix. As the gas covered us Harley managed to escape, we only escaped ourselves by grappling to the top of the shipping crates. "Well that went well" I said frustratedly. Damian said nothing at first until a smug look appeared on his face."What is it demon spawn?" I asked, "I'm tracking him" he replied. Maybe things were better than planned.