37

Robin's POV
We were sat in an undeniably awkward moment of silence, every passing second made me want to run and hide again, the voices in my head screaming at me to move and escape the black void of stillness I was getting sucked into, telling me she thought I was a monster. Charlie had listened to my story and was now sat processing every bit of it, analysing it with the sometimes over critical brain of hers. I looked up at my best friend with pleading eyes, begging her for forgiveness, clinging to her friendship. She still sat silently. We sat like that for a few more terrifying minutes of anticipation and she let out a sigh, but I couldn't tell if it were a sigh of disappointment or a sigh of sympathy. "You've really been through one hell of a shit storm Rob" she said calmly. I didn't know how to respond and so she kept talking. "Sure you've done some bad things, but that was brainwashed you, so okay helping out Captain Cold and Heatwave probably wasn't the best decision, but you're only human right" Charlie finished.

I looked at her with disbelief, "so you don't hate me, you don't think that I'm a monster?" I questioned. She shook her head laughing slightly. "Don't be silly Rob, I could never hate you. You're my best friend in the whole multiverse" she said, wrapping me in her arms as she hugged me. I smiled, she didn't hate me. When she hugged me I felt my emotions overflowing and tears formed in my eyes and ran down my cheeks racing to reach the edge of my chin before I wiped them away. "Thank you Chaz. You don't know how much it means to hear that" I said through sobs. "Well what are friends for, now stop your crying and go see your boyfriend" Charlie said, fixing my hair and rubbing my eyes dry. "I'm sure he'll be happy to see you. Go to him" she added, already dismissing the doubt that had begun to grow in my mind. I nodded in thanks and opened up a portal in the floor, with a quick wave and a grateful grin, I dived into my swirling creation and headed back to the manor.

I landed in his bedroom, and while I knew it was an invasion of privacy, I couldn't help but lay in his bed, drowning in his sheets which smelt so sweetly of him, the scent which brought me immediate comfort. I could hear voices downstairs as they echoed through the empty hallways of the mansion, I could definitely make out my father's and Damian's. I had no reason to believe Jason would be here so when I couldn't make out his voice I wasn't much surprised. Tim's voice came in awhile later, followed by Dick's soothing one, his voice a song I could listen to day after day on repeat. I felt my heart race a little as I heard his voice and I sat up on his bed as footsteps found their way up the stairs. After a few exchanged words I heard him walk up to the doorway. He stopped just outside before turning away again, taunting me like he knew I was there, but there was no way he would know. I waited for him to disappear again and heard my own bedroom door click shut shortly after he turned away. Did he go to my room?

Of course I wanted him to find me and be surprised, but now it looks like the tables had turned. I got up from his bed and pressed my ear to the cool wall and listened through it for any sound from him. There was none apart from a few sighs, which I presumed were due to my absence. I smiled slightly and climbed off his bed and out the room, peeking out the ajar door before I left, to check for any of the others. I crept down the hall to my room next door and snuck inside. Apparently he was too lost in thought to hear the door shutting as he didn't move a muscle when I closed it behind me. I looked over at where he was lying on my bed, hugging one of my pillows tightly to his chest. I found myself smiling again at his peaceful state and slowly made my way over to him.

"Hey dickiebird~" I whispered, lying on the bed beside him. He immediately turned to face me with immense speed and his smile was overwhelming. "You're back" he smiled, putting the pillow aside and hugging me instead. "Shh don't tell the others, I'm just here for you okay?" I said. "Okay, it'll be our secret" he replied, his smile still huge. While we stayed there together I could see in his eyes that there was something on his mind. "What's wrong Dick? Something's troubling you" I inquired. "Don't be silly nothings wrong, I've got you here with me. Everything is perfect" he replied. I could see through his act immediately. "C'mon tell me the truth" I said. "Only if you tell me first" he replied. He'd got me there. "I know you Robin, you don't just runaway like that, you've never run away from me before, but you did this time" he added.