20

Robin's POV
When I awoke I was met by a blinding ray of sunshine breaking through the gap in my curtains, it was actually a nice day for once. I looked around for Damian, he wasn't here, although I can't say I was surprised, he could wake up so easily on a morning even with no sleep. I guess that's what being a assassin is like. Due to it being a Saturday it meant that all of us were free, Tim didn't have school and Dad wasn't busy at work. My plan for today as soon as I saw the sunshine was to go out into town and maybe announce my return to this realm and to Gotham City.

I stood up off my bed and stretched my arms and legs out, I showered and dressed before heading downstairs to find out what was for breakfast. It was a strange but bliss feeling seeing all the boys and Dad sat around the table having breakfast together. Eager to join them I bounded towards the table cheering "Good morning" to them all before asking Alfred what was for breakfast. "Today we're having toast, I put Nutella on yours, I remember it was your favourite" Alfred replied. I smiled and hugged him before quickly grabbing my plate and sitting down at the table.

After I finished my toast I looked up towards where my dad sat, he was sat reading a newspaper. "Dad" I said, "Yes Robin?" He replied. "Can we announce my return to the public now? Or am I not allowed?" I asked. Dad looked up from his newspaper, before folding it up and placing it on the table infront of him. "Well I reported you as a missing person so we do need to tell the police" Dad said. "Why don't we let the police have some credit tho, like I can go into Gotham and let them find me" I said. "They don't deserve any credit, we do most the work" Jason said. "Hey they do a lot too, you just don't know it coz you don't get out enough" I replied. "I think it's a great idea, but you do realise that there'll be loads of press. Like loads. I mean for starter you were missing for what 5 years, and that aside you are a billionaires daughter" Dick said.

I had already guessed that there would be press, but I kind of hoped there would be so that everyone will know of my return and then maybe we can start using me as bait for villains, maybe even get some information out of a few too. I'd only told Damian of this idea last night before we fell asleep, so that is why he was the only unsurprised person here. Although Damian made me promise that I would always have someone, most likely him, with me at all times. And so I had to agree with my little brother to ensure he didn't worry about me. I mean I'm supposed to worry about him, yet he could easily take care of me while my training skills weren't quite up to par with his.

"Well it's agreed then, because I need to get the phone call from the GCPD I'll stay here, Dick, Tim, you can stick with me and come in the car when we have to pick up Robin. Damian and Jason can take Robin out" dad stated. I was slightly disappointed when Dick couldn't come with us, but all the same I was excited to go out. Me and Damian were already set to go, so we left earlier than Jason. He said he would meet up with us after he was ready. Damian lead me into the city, the lights I'd seen at night faded in the brightness of the perky blue sky. He showed me where the schools were, then we went to the park.

Flashback: Robin aged 8, Dick aged 11
I finished class and grabbed my books, cramming them into my bag before I raced out of school. I had told Dick to meet me at the park and so I'd sprinted there, excitement bubbling inside me. When I finally got to the park I was exhausted, but when I found Dick my energy came back miraculously. "So what did you wanna show me Rob?" He asked as we walked. "Wait and see!" I said running ahead. I laughed as he tried to chase me and I lead him towards the trees. I found the tree which I'd purposely marked and started climbing it. Dick stood at the base of the tree looking up at me confused. "Just climb the tree Dick!" I said waving him up after me.

He caught up in no time, seeing how acrobatic he was, but all the same it didn't matter because by the time he caught up to me I was already where I needed to be. In amongst the branches of the tree was a small tree house I'd built myself. When you looked out you could see most of the city, it was a beautiful sight and I'd been hoping to share it with someone. "This is amazing!" Dick exclaimed. I smiled, "I know right, this is my special place and I wanted to share it with someone, but I couldn't trust my friends to keep it a secret. You'll keep it a secret right?" I asked begging he would. He nodded, "of course I will, this place is great! Your secrets safe with me Rob" he replied. "Thanks Dick"