47

Robin's POV
Yesterday was exhausting. Charlie's energy and enthusiasm was exhausting to watch. While I loved my best friend, I'd also hate her at times too. Yesterday was a perfect example of that. Seeing as it was Sunday, I decided it would be best for me to sleep in till lunch because A) I was tired, and B) I couldn't remember the last time I actually got a peaceful lie in on a Sunday morning. I was planning to go to Dad's building today with my younger brothers if they agreed to going with. Jason was going to take Charlie somewhere and Dick said he had some case work to do, so it left me with the company of my two younger brothers. Luckily for me they both knew I wanted a lie in so they didn't disturb me.

When I finally awoke from my long slumber, I quickly fixed my hair and changed into some casual but smart clothes. Feeling hungry and hearing the begging of my stomach as it growled, I headed downstairs for some of Alfred's high quality cooking. "Morning, well, more like afternoon everyone" I greeted, as I entered the main living room, a plate full of food in my hand. "Good afternoon Miss Robin" Alfred greeted. "Morning Sister" Damian replied. "Ah just who I'd like to see. Dami, I'm going to see Dad's building today and go surprise him at work, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?" I asked. "I'd love to come!" Tim called out, as he overheard our conversation. "Okay Tim, Dami are you coming?" I asked. "Not if Drake's going" he replied bluntly. "Please Dami, it'll be fun to spend time with my younger brothers" I pleaded. He contemplated the idea for a bit before finally saying, "fine, but only for you Sister." I smiled in delight. "I'm gonna eat this and brush my teeth then we can head off. I won't be long" I told them. They nodded and waited for me downstairs.

Arriving at Dad's building was like walking into a giant computer with 100 walls of security. Luckily, Damian and Tim had been here before and helped the security system register me. "Do you know if my Dad is in at the moment?" I asked the receptionist. "I believe he's in his office" she replied. "Thanks" I smiled back at her. I followed my younger brothers towards the elevator and we crammed ourselves inside. "So what kind of things is Dad working on now?" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence that floated like a cloud above the three of us. "I believe it's some sort of nanotechnology to help the healing process for people with life threatening diseases" Damian answered. "Woah that's so cool" I stated, amazed at my dad's work. "Just wait till you see all the projects he's got planned!" Tim enthusiastically stated. "I can't wait at all, you've got me all riled up now Tim" I half moaned half joked.

When we finally reached dad's floor we still had to go through another layer of security, but what did I expect? He is still batman after all. The guards wore the typical black glasses and black suits. I smiled at them as we passed through and was returned with a stony glare which nearly matched the 'batglare', I wonder if dad had been giving them training. Wandering through the office, I looked long and hard at the various workers and features. There were the typical plant pots in the corners of the room, there were many fully functional offices, complete with high tech computers, tablets and heating systems which were changeable to your preferable temperature. It seemed like these office workers were the ones that lived the life of luxury compared to the tacky office jobs back in the other realm. My aunt often spoke of her own being small and cramped, which she quickly named the 'Harry Potter Office' after Harry's similarily small living space.

"Sister it's this way" Damian announced as I began to wander off towards a different office. It brought my attention back to my original reason for being here and I hurried up to walk alongside Tim and Damian, just before they entered our dad's office. I examined the room closely and I could spot various hidden security measures in place, alongside them was the secret doorway to what I presumed was where him and Lucius Fox created all the Bat-Tech. "Dad! We've come to visit you!" I greeted as we entered his office. "Robin.. and Damian and Tim too? Good to see you three, I'll be with you in a sec" he replied. We waited patiently as he left and returned again, this time with a file in his hands.