4

Robins POV
What was I even doing now? So how do I become normal, because from what I've seen in comics, once a hero always a hero. Well unless you turn bad, but then again who does that and stays evil? Either way popularity was something I hated, and after what I've done it's been the only thing I've got from being a hero.

I turned down the road to Charlie's neighbour hood. I saw her house at the end of the road, biggest on the block. I checked for people and saw a group of skaters, a few younger girls and then there was the press stood outside the gate of Charlie's parents house. I groaned and began calculating a way around everyone.

I looked to see the rooftops were a good way, if not the trees could be good. Trees or roofs? Trees. They'd be more stealthy as I could sneak in via the tree in Charlie's back garden and go in through the back door. I ran to the left and behind the houses into the trees. I didn't really climb trees, so instead I let my instincts take over me again and there I was stealthing my way through the treetops, with skills so precise and excellent I wouldn't have recognised myself if I saw me. I dropped down and ran inside locking the door behind me. "Mum I'm home!" I called out.

My mum sprinted, yes sprinted downstairs to me and grabbed my face examining me before saying "did you get hurt? What happened? Are you okay?" I nodded and told her I was fine, but there was one thing I needed to know. 'The Joker' had said he knew who my father was, and I wasn't too keen on visiting the criminal in prison about my family history.

"Mum, who are my parents, my real parents?" I asked. She froze in her place and turned to me instantly. "I don't know"'she said sharply. "Liar" I said. Her eyes widened as I said it. "How dare you call me a liar! I am not a li-" she stopped as I held up the piece of paper I found yesterday. "You are a LIAR!" I said shouting at her, fury inside of me bubbling like a witches' brew.

My mum looked to the note before sighing. " I wanted to tell you, but I thought that if I did that it could effect your safety. And if we're doing this now I need to get something from upstairs, you coming?" She asked. I followed intrigued by the 'something' she needed from her room.

I followed her closely before she went into her room and she pressed a button on the suitcase. It revealed a small briefcase with extremely advanced technology on it. "Mum what is that?" I asked. "Wayne tech" She replied bluntly. Wayne tech? "What do you mean Wayne tech?" I asked.

She turned to me and passed me the briefcase. "Your father said this would happen, he said that one day you'd become a hero, a skilled one at that and when you did he supplied these to help you. You see Robin you're not from this world. You weren't born here. You were born in Gotham City" she said. I looked at her and laughed. "So you're telling me I was born in a comic book city! And why am I supposed to believe you!" I continued to laugh and put the briefcase down on the bed.

Seriously she must be joking right. "Mum I'm not a comic book character, seriously I'm just a black belt, I'm no hero" I said. She shook her head. "Robin believe it or not, but you are. Why do you think you're called Robin? Why do you think you can do all that so easily?" She said calmly. I stood still, frozen in shock. She was right, and she seemed so serious about this. Maybe I should be a little more open minded....

I looked to her then the briefcase. "Okay, I've got an open mind right now, so mind telling me what's in there?" I asked. She smiled and told me to place my fingerprint on the lock, and as I did so the lock clicked open and I pulled up the lid. "This is what your dad saved for you, you see your dad, he's, he's-"

"Bruce Wayne" I replied looking at the gadgets laid out neatly, alongside a Robin outfit, perfect size. "How? How could this happen!" I asked confused and angry she hadn't told me sooner. "All my life has been a lie, I'm Robin, daughter of Batman and you didn't think to tell me."