57

Dick's POV
Time froze. Robin fell to the floor simultaneously with the Joker. Two katanas stuck out of the Joker's chest, the armour that was on his chest now sliced up and scattered across the floor. Tears brimmed my eyes and I felt my body shut down at the pain and shock. Somehow I'd managed to tell Wally to take her to the cave with Bruce in my frozen state. She'd been taken from me again. Again.... My world felt like it would crumble before me. "Earth to Nightwing!" Jason shouted at me. I regained my composure with great difficulty and looked around at the rest of the team. Tim was rubbing his eyes, Jason was pissed, his scowl laced with the most anger you could even imagine and Damian, Damian wore a cold expressionless mask to hide his true feelings. "This isn't over yet" Damian spoke in a harsh monotone. "For Robin" I added. "For Robin" they replied.

We cautiously headed towards the contraption the Joker had wired up in his apartment complex. "It's a bomb, due to go off on a trigger" Jason said as he examined it. "It's connected to the Joker's life" Tim exclaimed, as the colour drained from his face. "What's the delay time?" I quickly asked. "RUN!" We all dived for the nearest exit, sprinting with all we had. We would not die tonight, not before we got revenge for Robin. There was a flash of light and suddenly we were all outside and were met with the face of The Flash himself. "You boys need a hand?" He asked rhetorically. "Thanks Barry" I replied. "Guys, you might want to come look at this" Tim shakily spoke as he regained his composure. "Tim, what are those red marks?" Jason asked, dreading that the answer was exactly what he thought it was. "Radiactive bombs" Damian growled.

There was an obvious frustration and boiling anger within all four of us, the growing annoyance the Joker had, was still ever growing even in his death. We had to save the city and mourn later. Our job as heroes was difficult and we had no time to dwell on things we couldn't fix. We had a responisbilty to save Gotham. We owed it to Robin at least. "Tim show Barry the locations, we'll need all the help we can get with this one" I told him. Barry understood the plan without me explaining and went over to Tim, looking at the screen over Tim's shoulder. "I'm guessing this a divide and conquer mission" Jason asked, as he climbed onto his bike. "Don't be stupid Todd of course it is. Drake send me the locations of the bombs then get moving. We have no time to waste, you of all people should know that Grayson" and with that Damian left us, riding away into the night. Nobody made a snarky comment on his snappy behaviour like usual, we all understood how he felt.

I headed towards one of the more crowded locations on my own bike as Wally caught up to me. "How you holding up?" Wally asked. "Not so good, how's Rob?" I asked. Wally frowned and struggled to find words to say. He didn't need to say anything. I understood. "I should have done something Dick, I didn't realise what she was doing before she'd done it" Wally spoke up. "Don't beat yourself up over it. You couldn't have stopped her" I reassured him, making sure Robin's situation wasn't blamed solely on Wally. In all honesty nobody could have stopped her, not even me or Bruce. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes again as the pain in my chest tightened, a flashback of Robin and I from when we were younger floating around in my thoughts.

Flashback - Robin age 11, Dick aged 14
Another day of training over and another win for Robin. "So when do you think you're going to be let out in the field?" I asked Robin, as she offered her hand to me. I took it and she pulled me up from the floor. "Hopefully Dad will let me out with him sometime, if not I'm just gonna have to sneak out" Robin replied. "Won't he know?" I asked. "Of course he will, that's why I'm not going to do it" she laughed. I laughed with her and we sat down together, bottled water now in our hands while we used the other to wipe the sweat from our faces. "Dick, when we're older, promise me that you won't leave me. It probably sounds weird, like I fancy you or something, but you've been a best friend and a brother to me. I don't think I want to lose you" she spoke seriously. "That will be the easiest promise to keep Rob, but you can't leave me either" I countered. "Dick Grayson that's a promise" she replied, outstretching her little finger so we could 'pinky shake' on it. "Promise" we said together.

Charlie's POV
I was woken by the continuous buzzing of my phone, the cheezy batman theme playing as it rang to signify Robin was calling. I sat upright and quickly pressed answer, hoping for some good news. "Is this Charlie?" A gruff voice asked. "Yes, who is this?" I replied. "This is Robin's father, I need your help" Bruce spoke. OMG I was talking to Batman and he needed MY help! "What do you need my help with? Wait- where's Robin?" I panicked, the scene from the unfinished comic flashing in my mind. "I need you to find whoever wrote that comic. Get them to finish it" Bruce demanded, ignoring my question about Robin. "But what about Robin?" I worriedly asked again. "She's- she's not waking up. I think that if the comic is finished it will wake her up" Bruce struggled to reply.

My heart dropped into my stomach. "But what if the comic writer intended for her to die?" I heard myself ask. My heart was pounding and there was silence on the other end of the phone. "Just- Please help her Charlie. I won't lose her again" Bruce answered, his voice now soft and quiet. "I'll try with all I've got" I firmly replied. I hung up before he could thank me and immediatley went on to call up James. "James, we need to get a hold of the guy who wrote Robin's comic. Its a matter of life and death. Robin's life is on the line here."

I hope you enjoyed this, well, enjoyed probably isn't the right word.... should I be asking you to not hate me for what I did to Robin? Either way I'm not apologising for the cliffhanger, but I will apologise for the fact this chapter isn't as long, but it works for dramatic effect of course. Find out how it all ends in the next chapter!

Lizzy :3