Chapter Four

Aaron's POV

She came up to me, I tried to ignore her but it never works. Even to this day I feel like the same Aaron in high school, I feel like whenever I talk to her, to Lily, all the memories of the good times we had, disappeared and all that left was my breaking heart.

"Aaron! Hi! So, this is your neighbourhood hey?" Ugh! Whenever I see her flashbacks upon flashbacks start popping up.

"Ya." I managed to say, I didn't talk much, then again I never talk a lot these days, only to people I know and trust.

"Hey! You wanna go get some coffee with me? We could maybe try to catch up on things."

This is so unlike her, being outgoing, usually it was me but now it feels like we've switched lives. I'm that quiet one and she's the talkative one. I just simply nodded to her question and we headed out.

She took me to the new maid cafe. Of all places it had to be this cafe! I just hope Aphmau doesn't see us, I don't want her to get upset.

Unlucky as I was, it just so happens that Kawaii~Chan had to be the maid who served us.

"A-aron~Kun? What are you doing here? And who is that? Wait, are you here to see Aphmau~Senpai in a maid outfit? If you want Kawaii~Chan could call her over to serve you?"

So. Many. Questions.  But the one question when she asked me if I was here to see Aphmau in a maid outfit, it just made me feel all hot and sweaty.

"Uh... no Kawaii~Chan I'm not here to see uh... Aphmau in a uh... maid outfit, this is Lily, my uh... ex girlfriend. And you don't have to uh... call Aphmau."

I couldn't stop stuttering and hesitating. It made me so embarrassed. But Kawaii Chan's tone when I told her Lily was my ex was freaky,

"Ohh! Your ex huh? Is Aphmau~Senpai not good for you? Huh? Is that is? Huh Aaron~Kun?"

"What no! That's not why we're here!"

Suddenly Aphmau came up behind her.
She looked... wow. She looked so cute in that maid outfit, my jaw was literally opened.

"Kawaii Chan, what's going on he–" She caught a glance at me, and sudden hid behind a potted plant.

"Ooh! Aphmau~Senpai! Kawaii~Chan was just about to bring Aaron~Kun and Lily~Chan over to their table."

We followed Kawaii~Chan took us to a table by the window at the corner. It felt really awkward I don't know why I feel like this, is it because I saw Aphmau? Or is it because I'm with Lily? Ahhh!

"So... Arron, who were they?" Of course she asks! She's always like that! She may have been the shy, quiet girl in high school but she's the type who would go poking her way in other people's business.

"They're my friends." Then watch as she goes and makes rude comments about them...
"Oh, you mean the pink cat girl and that other girl are your friends? You have some weird sense of friends nowadays. I mean who talks in third person?! And not to mention adding "Kun, Chan, and Senpai" to after every name. We are not in an anime, she should know that. Ha, and did you see the girl with the black hair..."

She continued rambling about Aphmau. Urg! How did I even like her in the first place! I finally lost it after she said that the look on Aphmau's face was priceless.

"Look, Lily, I know we haven't seen each other since high school but that doesn't mean you get to make fun of my friends! I've known Aphmau for a long time now and I could tell you that she is not a dumbass like you think she is. She a kind, intelligent girl. And Kawaii~Chan, I mean yes she is kind of annoying but I mean that for a completely different reason than what you said."

I couldn't stop. It's like all of this is finally helping me get over her. I mean I still feel bad but not as much. I could see the look in her eyes, the tears are starting to form. When I finished defending my friends, Lily rushed out crying, being the person I was I followed her.

"Look, I'm sorry, I just-"

"Wanted to defend your friends?" I nodded even though she wasn't facing towards me. "I'm the one who should be apologizing, I just. *sigh* I just got jealous."

Wait, hold up, did she just say that she got jealous? Didn't she tell Jacob that "Daddy" whoever that is was back at Paris?
"Wait what? Why? How? Didn't you tell Jacob-"
"Yes I know what I told Jacob. I lied to you, I don't have a husband, heck I don't even have a boyfriend. You see, I had to lie to you, when I bumped into you yesterday, I was so nervous and excited that I lied. I know it was wrong but Aaron, that wasn't the only thing I lied about..." My stomach started to hurt. I could already tell what she was going to say. I embraced myself for the harsh reality.

"Aaron, after I got to Paris and found out that I was pregnant, I didn't know what to do. The only person I knew who would make things better was the person I had loved the most. But I decided to push you away so you could find someone. Someone more special than me...
When the baby was born I asked the doctors if they could do a blood test on him so I could see who his father was, but of course I already knew. Aaron, I've never mentioned it to you but, you were my first boyfriend. I was scared to tell you because I thought that you'd get mad.
So that's why I'm here today, I promised myself that when Jacob turns three years old we would come back here to find you, so yes Aaron, Jacob is your son, he is our child."

I was speechless, I was literally choking on words.

"Aaron, I understand if you hate me or if you've moved on, but I just wanted you to know that I'm here for you. I'll be waiting for you to return, even if I'm waiting forever. I love you Aaron, and I will never stop loving you."