♛ 6 ♛

As the door opened to the grand hall, everyone looked in my direction. I froze in my spot and clutched onto my dress. People were whispering and eyeing me with awe and jealousy. A man walked my way and grabbed my hand, kissing the top part as he bowed down. He looked up and gave me a wink.

Jonathan.

I looked around as everyone went back to what they were doing. Jonathan and I walked side by side, as he led me to the seating area. They were about five men and three girls, drinking wine and chatting. None of them were Aiden or Olivia. I looked down to the ground and sighed. What the hell am I doing here?

"You look beautiful."

I looked up and locked my gaze with Jonathan's blue eyes. I gave him a light smile as he gave me one in return.

"You look handsome." And I didn't lie. He was wearing a suit with a bow tie and a black cape attached from the collar of his white shirt. It flowed down perfectly 'till his black leather shoes. He had a perfectly folded handkerchief resting in his suit's pocket. As for his hair, which was slicked back with gel and perfectly combed into place. Although there was something different on his face, his mask.

"I look amazing don't I?" 

I gave him a sarcastic eye roll as he laughed. Even his laugh was intoxicating. What's wrong with me?

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Please welcome-" Jonathan and I turned our heads towards the dance floor like everybody else. The guards open the door and everyone starts clapping. I couldn't really see what was happening at the front because everyone started pushing and crowding against me. I felt a strong pair of arms around me and pulling me to their chest. I looked up to see Jonathan, who was staring ahead.

"Future King Aiden Godfrey and Princess Olivia Farewell!"

Aiden's here.

I break away from Jonathan's grip and find my way to the front. I push past people, stumbling a few times, but somehow I make it at front. I look back and fix my dress and then at the front, locking gazes with Aiden. My heart stops as he stares deep into my eyes. I hid my face with hands and bow down to him.

"We have the same mask."

I hear Olivia coughing abruptly as the entire room goes quiet. The host of the ball starts laughing nervously and asks everyone to line up with their dance partners. I stand straight and look at him. He has his eyebrows furrowed, like he's thinking something. Aiden was wearing the same suit as Jonathan except his cape was the darkest shade of red. His hair was slicked back with gel, except for one strand that rested perfectly on his forehead.

I spot Mary-Jane standing next to-- my eyes went wide as I see Jonathan holding her hand. He gives me a smirk and looks away. Mary looks extremely shy and happy at the same time. Never thought that those two would become a pair. I look over at Olivia, who looks awfully pissed with her short and old partner. I laugh inside my head and look towards Aiden who has his gaze fixed on me. I jump a little and stand straight as he scoffs.

"All couples, please proceed to the dance floor," the host said. Aiden and I walk toward the middle of the floor and stand in front of each other. "Ready positions?" I felt the pressure of his warm hand on my back, sending chills down my entire body. I place my left hand on his shoulder as our hands intertwine perfectly. We raise our arms in the air and wait for the music.

Once the music cued, my feet automatically started to glide against the marble floor. Everybody waltzed in sync, laughing and smiling. Aiden watched as my hair spun out and bounced more with each move and beat. This was perfect. Our gazes were locked as I spun around holding his hand. Then he grabbed my waist with both his hands and spun me around, placing me carefully on the ground and back to our initial position.