♛ 52 ♛

Aiden's POV

My eyes scan the different silk coats hanging in a perfect line throughout the custom retail department. I study the different colours as the employee with her tablet walks in front of me talking about the designs. Harold walks behind me making sure to add whatever I ask him to.

"That's three suits. Are you sure you're not doing some sort of costume change?" Harold questions from behind.

I chuckle and stand in front of a blood red suit. It has a gold rose embroidered on the back of the coat. I feel the soft fabric and add it immediately to the list.

"Will that be all, your highness?" The employee asks. I perk up at the word "highness" considering I haven't heard anyone call me that in a while.

"That'll be all."We exit the shop and towards my limousine that is parked near the curb. People take pictures of me and gasp at the sight. Not in a good way but rather a remorseful one. I give them a small
wave and a smile before entering the vehicle and dissolving whatever facade I had plastered on.

Harold sits down after discussing alterations with the employee outside.

"Which one have you decided for the main event?" He asks ready to type on the tablet.

I glance out the window and towards the red towers of the castle that vaguely show behind buildings.

"Red," I say and face Harold. "The red one."

"Good choice, sir."

I smirk and rest my head back trying to finish up my plan before anything or anyone gets in the way.

"You know who is attending, don't you?" Harold speaks up after a minute long silence. I gaze out the glass with people passing by. "I really hope you're not planning anything precarious."

"It's none of your business," I mutter and lean back closing my eyes. Right now, I just want to forget about my doubts and stick to what I have to do.

"Of course." The car halts in front of the palace doors and Harold slips out to open the door for me. I get out and button the front of my coat preparing to walk in. Ever since the incident, the castle has been extra gloomy and the staff has been decreased and the security increased.

I march upstairs to my room and signal Harold to leave me once I enter. I close the doors behind me and my eyes. I hope everything goes according to plan and nothing changes. I have been designing this for weeks now constantly and the last thing I need is a sudden distraction.

A knock on my door causes me to break out of my thoughts and open it with a straight face. "Sir, the package has been delivered," Harold says and eyes the heavily armoured guards on each side of my doors.

"You can expect it to be at the ball."

"Perfect." I turn around and stop before looking back at him.

"How is my mother?" Harold sighs deeply before tapping and scrolling on the tablet.

"Her vitals are looking stable but she still in a complex stupor. The nurses are regularly doing a routine checkup." I nod slightly and dismiss him.

The doors shut and I perch on my bed bathing in my thoughts. I sense my right leg shaking with nervousness and everything I was anticipating for tomorrow feels like a thunderstorm on my head.

I groan and stand up going towards my drawer and pulling out a picture to calm me. I feel a slight smile making its way to my mouth but it quickly vanishes as I put away the picture.

Her smile.

Was it all real?

I step towards the window and gaze at the dry blood left on the brick near the window sill. She was real and hurting.