♛ 13 ♛

"Aiden I'm home!"

My eyes were wider than an owl's. There in the doorway stood Aiden's Aunt Rosie. I scrambled up as Aiden just laid on the floor due to the shock. Aunt Rosie just stared at us in disbelief. I have to admit, out of Aiden's entire family tree, Aunt Rosie was the only one who loved me more than anyone, maybe even Aiden. She believed in equality between the servants and royalty, because she herself married a poor man. 

"Iris if you were going to "do it" right now, you should've called me in advance," Aunt Rosie casually said. She threw her shopping bags to the floor and sat down on the couch. I gave her big eyes and a confused smile and helped Aiden up from the floor. 

"Aunt Rosie, what an unexpected surprise. Maybe you should've called in advance," Aiden said brushing off the dust from his clothes. She rolled her eyes and laughed, kinda like an evil villain from a movie. I gulped down the guilt and eyed Aiden to tell her what has been going on.

"So what's the latest? What have I missed?" She said crossing her legs and flipping her hair. I laughed nervously and shuffled in my spot. 

"Uh, Aunt Rosie? We are in a contract-"

"WE ARE IN A CONTRACT MARRIAGE!" I said out loud. When I realized what I said, I quickly covered my mouth. Aunt Rosie just rolled her eyes dramatically and stood up with a sigh. Aiden rubbed his temples in disappointment. I muttered a quiet "sorry". 

"My darlings, I already know. Your mother cried over the phone as she explained to me. Why do you think she isn't back yet?" she said as put her arms around both of our shoulders. "You see children, the world is a scary place. There will be many people who will try to put you down. But if your love can withst-"

"It's a fake marriage."

"There is no love." 

Both Aiden and I said at the same time. Aunt Rosie blinked her eyes as she looked at our confused faces back and forth. She let go of us and turned around and looked out the window.

"I know that. It's just stuff like this always becomes a reality that you never expect. Who knows-" she turned around and whispered, "- you might actually fall for him or her." She laughed carelessly and started explaining her shopping. Aiden and her bickered over the gifts she brought. I smiled as I saw both of them just arguing like a normal aunt and nephew. 

"You might actually fall for him." 

I can't. This is all fake. I might've liked him when we were young but not anymore. He's cold and impossible to crack. 

Unless, I can.  

"What are you standing there for Iris? I brought you and your friend with two names some gifts!" Aunt Rosie said as I laughed at what she said about Mary-Jane. 

"I have an idea!" I said, capturing both of their attention. "Why don't you two go for a drive? I mean Aunt Rosie only visits once a year, so maybe she would enjoy a little fresh air of this city." 

"That's a great idea! Why don't you join us Iris?" Aunt Rosie said. I looked at Aiden who just sighed and looked to the side without any care. I bit my lip and nodded slightly. Aunt Rosie clapped her hands excitedly and led us outside. 

_____

"I remember when Aiden used to come here and play all the time! One time, he was chasing this tiny, tiny fish and accidentally fell in the water!" Aunt Rosie said and laughed hysterically afterwards. I laughed along with her while Aiden just scoffed with embarrassment. 

"I have some good stories too Aunt. Like the time I gave my first speech? Or maybe my first award?" Aiden said fixing his tie. Aunt Rosie rolled her eyes playfully and chuckled. 

"Stop boasting child! I want to tell your wife some of your young and dumb moments, right Iris?" 

I turned stiff at the word 'wife' and turned red. I gazed at Aiden who just looked out the window of the limo calmly. I gave her a tiny nod and continued to listen to her stories about travelling. But my mind and my eyes were on him. How was he so calm during all of this? Does he have any idea about his future, or worse, even mine? 

He had his hand to his mouth as he leaned against the frame of the door. His eyes focused on the outside world, deep in thought. Makes sense to be honest. He lost his father, his mother is God knows where, and the only person he has is-

"Me." I said out loud. 

"What?" Aunt Rosie said tilting her head to the right. 

"Oh nothing. Please continue!" I said gesturing her to finish up her 'Adventure to Scotland' story. 

"I know you're not listening to me Iris-" Aunt Rosie whispered quietly so only the two of us can hear. "- you're too busy staring at your hubby there. Listen to me. I know he's very unwelcoming at times, but he's been through a lot. What he needs now is someone amazing and cheerful in his life, also known as, you." 

I looked down at my hands as she spoke.  She was right. If I need him to respect me and treat me properly, I needed to do the same. 

"Oh driver can you please stop here? I need to get something," Aunt Rosie said. The driver pulled up to a nearby shop full of winter coats. "- You two wait here. I just need to grab my order and then we'll go somewhere much warmer and nice." She opened the door to the limo, as cold wind rushed in. I rubbed my arms by hand and blew hot breath into it to keep them warm. 

"Should've brought a coat," Aiden said suddenly. He looked at me from the corner of his eyes and scoffed. 

"Is there anything else you can do other than mocking me?" I said bringing my knees up to my chest to keep myself warm. The heater was weak in this limo, making it colder than the outside. Aiden was wearing a very warm coat, and plus he's already so cold on the inside he probably wasn't even bothered by it. 

"Take this." He threw a scarf towards me, hitting me right on my face and then dropping to my knees. I let out an angry sigh and quickly wrapped it around my neck. It felt nice and comfy, and smelled like Aiden. I furrowed my eyebrows and eyed him.

Why's he being nice?

"You know, you can be nice too. You don't have to be mean all the time," I muttered loud enough so he can hear. He just raised an eyebrow and rested his head back as he closed his eyes. I just mumbled swear words under my breath as I looked away from him. 

The limo suddenly started to move, which obviously awoke Aiden and cross his eyebrows in confusion. I looked out the window and saw Aunt Rosie waving at us and entering a different limo from the Palace. 

"Aunt Rosie! Aunt Rosie!" I said out loud as the limo went further and further away from her. I turned around and saw a very pissed-off Aiden. 

Oh Aunt Rosie, what have you done? 

________

O.M.G. ok so lots of feels in the next chapter :) also if u guys are wondering what Aiden always wears, well its up their in the gif. 

vote // comment 

and ill see u in the next chapter -> 

p.s. new book coming out so stayed tune