♛ 44 ♛

It had been a week since I drunkenly made my entrance into Alexandria again. Aiden came to check up on me every chance he got. He brought me medication and clothes and food. As usual, he would lecture me about safety and apologize for what he had done. In my head, I still loved Aiden, it was impossible not to. But in my heart, I knew I couldn't forgive him for a long time.

"One step- careful!"

I took a tiny step as Aiden stood in front of me guiding my strides forward. I felt like a baby attempting to take the first steps while the parent holds out their hand. My bandages were still on, but the bottom of my feet had become smoother, according to Doctor Simone.

"Take my hand," Aiden says and hands it out to me. I look at the hand and then at his desirous eyes. With a hard swallow, I nod and take his hand. They wrap around mine instantly, and I feel tingles all over my body. I missed his touch. "There you go." Aiden smiles at the big step I took which motivates me to walk faster across the room.

As I take another step, the pain from my feet sends a stinging shock to my body causing me to trip and fall into Aiden's arms. I blink vigorously, feeling my hands holding onto his biceps.

"Are you okay?" he asks straightening me up, his hands on my hips and mine still gripping his muscles. I stare into his eyes, and they look so innocent and worried. I gulp and let go. He notices the tension and brings the wheelchair towards me.

After helping me sit, he calls in Mary.

"I have some business call to attend. Mary, did you already leave dinner in my room?" Aiden asks. I keep looking at the floor, my hands in my lap.

"Yes, your highness."

I feel him linger around me, and then leave the chamber.

Letting out the breath I was holding, Mary comes and sits in front of me.

"What happened?" she asks like I'm about to tell her some hot gossip.

"I crashed into him, and we had this moment. Like, I felt weird all over my body."

"Ooh girl, you're in loveeee," she sings the word 'love' and giggles like an idiot. Mary comes back around and exits the dorm. I reach the foyer and see that girl from last week. Mary had told me her name was Ingrid.

How ugly.

"Good morning ladies," she chirps. I scoff and look at the main entrance door where the sun is shining through the glass and hitting her face. "Going for a ride?" She smiles at me innocently, and I can't help but roll my eyes. And feel like punching her.

"What are you still doing here, Ingrid?" I spit out her name with bitterness.

"I'm standing by Aiden's side," she leans down to my level and whispers, "something you can't do."

My nose flares with anger, and I can feel that punch making it's way to my hand.

"Iris, why don't we leave-"

"No, Mary. I have something to say to Ingrid." I put my hands on the handles of the wheelchair and stand up. I hear Mary gasp as I take tiny steps towards her, hoping I don't fall and ruin this badass moment. When I'm all up in her stupid, different looking face, I whisper, "Who's standing now, bitch?"

She scoffs and folds her arms. Mary brings the wheelchair, and I sit down back in my spot.

"Chocolate?" Mary offers and I scoff at her gesture. What is she doing giving the enemy food?

"For what?" Ingrid asks taking it.

"It's my birthday." Mary smiles, and I watch Ingrid unwrap it and pop it into her mouth. I give Mary a frown and turn around. It is her birthday after all. "Don't sleep too late!" Mary waves and we leave Ingrid all alone.