♛ 54 ♛

IRIS' POV

He's staring straight ahead. His eyes boring into the couch across from us. We are tied to the wooden bedroom pillar on each side. I bite my lip and realize that the giant mirror in front of me displays my once tied hair which is now fully open. I also notice how tired and almost lifeless Aiden looks.

The music downstairs is blasting and I can feel the vibrations from upstairs. Screaming for help would be completely useless since there are no footsteps underneath the door either.

"Aiden-"

"Why?" He interrupts.

I swallow my guilt as my throat feels like concertina wire strangling me slowly. I can't answer him because my thoughts are coming back to me and I feel selfish.

Selfish, disgusted, a terrorist, and someone else.

I hear him scoff as he looks towards me and I notice the black eye and the blood streaming down his temple. I let out a small inaudible gasp and look away.

"You wanted to feel worthy? Is this worthy enough for you?" He whispers but it contains so much poison. "Say something. FUCKING ANYTHING IRIS!" His words are so loud that I can feel my ears ringing. Tears stream down my face as I watch him lay back through the mirror.

"I had a plan for tonight," his voice breaks as he talks. "I would just steal you from the crowds and from the night and their- their hungry looks and I would hold your hand and just- just run away." He takes a breath and closes his eyes. "The moment you stepped into the room, my world began to build. My future and my thoughts started to erupt. I saw us in a small house- a small, tiny house far away from this madness. And children. Two girls. We were laughing and- and we were so fucking happy Iris," he finishes and looks at me with his eyes. "Are we happy?"

I close my eyes and my head leans forward causing the tears to fall on my now dirty dress. I hear him scoff in defeat and that is when I start bawling my eyes out.

"I-I feel like-like a failure!" I say through my wails and look up to see Aiden staring at me. I couldn' t even wipe my face and nose because of my stupid tied hands and stupid Fabio and stupid me and I-

"Stop crying."

I stop on the spot and sniffle every nanosecond. He gazes at me like a miserable person and scans my face. His eyes stop on my mine and for a second I swear he smiled.

"I'll do it," I say sniffling and slightly sobbing.

"And leave your people behind?" He retorts and scoffs. I miss his scoffs. "You've done too much damage."

"So I'll fix it! I'll let Drew handle-"

"You can't keep running away from every fucking thing Iris!" He yells. I cower and look down at the ground. "Stop leaving people behind for your own pleasure!"

I gape at the floor and bite my lip. "Don't I deserve to be happy?"

"You lost your freedom the moment you left the palace doors," he mutters bitterly. "You lost every inch of your happiness the moment you went alone."

I look up with angry, teary eyes. "You wrote that letter about my father! You are the one who sent me away. And you had every right to come with me Aiden! So don't you dare say I went alone!"

He stays quiet for a moment and looks in the mirror. "I did write the letter. I did send you away," he whispers and turns his head towards me, "And I followed you to that island. I watched how you met that treacherous old man who almost beat me to death! I saw how you joined Elior. And at that moment I knew, I had lost you." His eyes fill with tears and regret and pain and every sort of miserable emotion.