♛ 51 ♛

IRIS'S POV

I stare at him from afar. His mouth talking to Delilah about something that I can't recognize. He speaks without opening his mouth too much. Usually, I pick up what someones saying because I used to read Aiden's-

I blink out of thought.

I used to read his words.

"Are you okay?"

I look at Miles and smile. Me nodding gives him reassurance as he goes back to telling me events around the world.

"Stop!" I say as he mentions something. "Repeat that?"

"Seven Lands Dance?" He says looking at his tablet.

"Elaborate?"

Miles clears his throat and starts reading as Lee and Drew join us. "The Seven Lands Dance involves all prominent figures from the world to come together and dance the night away with socialization for the elites. Dress code is formal and you must have an invite from Joseph Zero, King of Land Five."

"Joseph Zero?" I ask staring at the boys.

"Zero is known for his notorious jokes and pestering. Man is seventy but still knows how to party," Lee says as he sharpens his knife. He looks at me dead in the eyes and says, "Gatsby parties."

"I don't mean to rain on your parade here, but how is this important?" Drew asks leaning in our circle.

"Prominent figures? That means Fabio will be attending. Ai- He will be attending. Primrose is going to have their people there," I say looking at each one of them before my eyes land on Elior. "We will be there."

___

I walk into the tent after discussing the plan with the boys and find Elior sitting on his bed with his bow in his lap. His thumb runs over the wood, a sad smile on his face. He looks up at me and both our faces turn blank. I look away and walk over to my bed to grab my clothes. My previous ones are muddy and sweaty and I need a bath as soon as possible. I peek a glance and he's back to cleaning his bow.

"You really love that thing, huh?" I say trying to lift up my bed so I can grab the trunk underneath it. Hopefully, he comes over and helps me.

"It's my si- friends'," he says. I nod and groan trying to pick up the bed. I sense him walking over and put his hand close to mine and lifting it up with me. I breathe out a shaky breath as his warmth near me embraces my body. I quickly pull out the trunk and place it on top of my bed.

"Thanks," I whisper as he stands next to me.

"It's the least I can do."

I swallow and open the trunk taking out a half sleeve black shirt and black jeans that I borrowed from Delilah when she packed for the trip. I also pick up a piece of cotton cloth to dry myself with.

"Where are you off to?" He asks as I hug the clothes to my body ready to leave.

"The river. I wanted to wash up," I say looking straight ahead and out of the lines forming in the tent. I can see Elliot or Alex sitting with Mary and eating. We meet eyes and I look down at my feet.

"I'll come with you. Personally, I smell like shit," he chuckles. I hear him pull out the trunk from underneath his bed and grab whatever.

I shut my eyes and groan mentally. "You can come after. I have to go inside the water. Naked and stuff."

"Oh! Right, uh, my bad-"

"It's fine," I mutter quickly and walk out. My cheeks burning as I stand outside the tent, a million thoughts repeating in my head. I gulp and let out a deep breath before turning around to the tent and walking back. He whirls around, his eyes searching mine. "Come with me."