♛ 20 ♛

"Hold it!"

"I'm not going to!"

"Iris! Do it now. I'm sure she is somewhere hiding and watching."

I groaned and grabbed his wrist like a mother holding back her child from getting lost. I hated every minute of this facade. I wanted to go back to where Aiden was. I looked at Alex and rolled my eyes at his appearance. He was being extra with this entire gamble.

"Who told you to wear a pink suit? You stand out more than anyone here!" I said in a low voice. Everyone was staring at Alex as he walked down the streets posing and winking at random girls. I groaned and let go of his stupid wrist.

"Xander, can I get a picture?" A girl around my age asked. I scoffed at the stupid name she called him by.

"You can get more than a picture sweetheart," Alexander whispered in her ear, loud enough for me to hear as well. While he was smoldering the girl, I caught sight of a strange looking girl who was staring both of us down. She was wearing a black turtleneck and blue jeans with black boots. She kept examining Alex like he was a Christmas present waiting to be opened.

"I think we should go now," I said in a low tone. Alex kissed the girl on the cheek and winked at her one last time before we took off.

"What's the rush babe-"

"Shut up. I think your stalker is here," I said as I grabbed his arm and dragged him into a coffee shop. I felt like a babysitter that wasn't being paid enough. He put on his ray bans that clung to the opening of his buttoned black shirt. I handed him my black fedora and looked out the window. I motioned him to casually look towards the girl who was trying to get a clear look at us from the outside of the shop. Instead of acting casual, the idiot whipped his head and pointed towards her. I slapped his hand and covered my face from the side.

"Yeah, that's her!" He said with a shudder. I felt bad for the poor girl. She looked desperate to talk to him. I looked back at Alex who was scrolling through Twitter and laughing.

"Have you ever tried conversing with her?" I asked. He stopped scrolling and shook his head. "Why don't you try?" I looked back at the girl. "Maybe she has something important to say." I sighed at his blank expression.

"She will probably kidnap me or worse murder me!" He exclaimed. I mentally rolled my eyes at his stupidity. She looked so innocent. Just then I had an idea. I hesitated before getting up and walking out of the shop. I looked back at Alex who was freaking out inside the shop. I crossed the road and jogged to where the girl was.

"Hey!" I said with a comforting smile. She played with her hands nervously and looked down to the ground. "It's ok. I want to talk with you." I met eyes with her and smiled again. She turned her head towards the coffee shop window where Alex was talking to another girl. I groaned at his stupidity as the girl pulled me to the side.

"How do you know Alexander?" she asked quietly.

"I'm, uh, his assistant?" I said unsurely. She seemed to believe me, her eyes still plastered on the window. "How do you know that idio- I mean Alexander?" I slapped myself mentally for making a close mistake.

"We used to be close. Very close." She put her hands on her stomach. My jaw dropped when I realized what she meant. Anger ran through me as I crossed the road back to the coffee shop. I kicked the door open causing everyone to stare at me. I grabbed Alex by the ear and gave a fake smile to the girl he was talking to.

"Sorry, he has to go speak to child's mother," I emphasized and gave him a vicious glare. He struggled to get out of my grip as I dragged him across the road to where the girl was. I pushed him forward and folded my arms.